Monday 17 January 2011

Monday

Mr Messy is at OUR shop. Little Prince is at school and Drama Teen is at College. Me and Princess Lollipop, however, are stuck in the house all day as a courier is coming to pick up Mr Messy's broken Kindle - sometime between 9am and 5pm!! And as always happens when I need to stay in all day, I have a burning need to go out - somewhere, anywhere!!! Urgh its going to be a long day!!

I got some more of the dining room sorted out while Princess Lollipop ate her breakfast, which she managed perfectly all by herself :-) She is such a clever girl :-) I just wish things like that came just as easily to Little Prince, it just doesn't seem fair that he has to struggle so hard to do simple things like use cutlery, that come so naturally to most people. Hopefully though having to work so hard will give him the drive, determination and work ethic that along with his boundless energy will take him far in his life :-)

Well the courier has just called and the broken Kindle is safely back on its way to Amazon. Once Princess Lollipop has finished watching "Mick Mick" (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) I can take her up for a bath. I couldn't before as I can't hear the door bell/someone knocking on the front door from the bathroom and I didn't want to miss the courier. I've also lost the urgent "need" to go out now I know I can if I want lol. I don't know why I ever bother trying to plan things lol. Princess Lollipop fell asleep before her programme ended, so I still haven't managed to do her hair!! I have managed to get a few other jobs done, and have my lunch in peace (Princess Lollipop always wants mine, even if she's got the identical thing!!) so it hasn't been totally wasted. Hopefully she'll wake up in time to have her bath before we have to go and collect Little Prince from school.

The phone ringing a couple of times woke Princess Lollipop up and she was NOT happy to be disturbed! Doesn't bode well for her bath!! The first call was from the local council just checking on some details on OUR shop's Business Rates form, they are so inefficient - they lost the first form and then ring up so that I can repeat what is written down!! Hopefully it will now get sorted out though!! The second call was from Mr Messy after his visit to the Doctors. I couldn't resist an "I told you so!" when he said he'd been given antibiotics for a chest infection!! Perhaps now he'll start to recover from his cough, and we can all get a good night's sleep!

I was right about Princess Lollipop's bath - she sobbed and screamed, even though her hair wasn't very tangly and took hardly any combing through! I think the combination of having just woken up involuntarily and then the indignity of the hated hair conditioning was too much for her. As soon as she was out of the bath she was back to her sunny self again - although she does keep reminding me "bath ow head!" Poor little Princess :-(

When we got to school to pick up Little Prince, we seemed to be waiting for ages. I'd seen lots of children from his class come out, but no sign of Little Prince! I asked one of his friends and he pointed out Little Prince playing in pile of mud/snow at the opposite side of the field!! I took Princess Lollipop and marched over to see what was going on! While we were walking towards him I saw the group of boys start throwing things at and over someone's garden fence at the edge of the field!! Unsurprisingly I went ballistic!! I made Little Prince walk all the way off the field and round to the playground gate, despite him being at the end of the field nearest the car!! I then told him off and asked him if he thought me or his teacher would be proud of what he was just doing, he shamefacedly said "no" and apologised. I told him I didn't want to see that sort of behaviour repeated and then we went off home.

Once at home Little Prince was extremely volatile! He played on one of his favourite Wii games (Lego Harry Potter that has been missing for months!) for about 5 minutes before turning the Wii off in a temper! Then he cried because Princess Lollipop wanted to share his crisps and went and threw them in the bin! Then he burst into tears for no reason!! I think its probably a reaction to being up so late last night, and hoping he's not coming down with something so close to his birthday! Both he and Princess Lollipop are now quietly eating a snack, fingers crossed that helps his mood too!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006