Thursday 20 January 2011

Thursday

I was worried that after yesterday's protests Little Prince would refuse to take his medication this morning, but apparently he reminded Mr Messy that he had to take it, and took it with no fuss whatsoever :-) Phew :-) Mr Messy talked to his teacher when they got to school and told her Little Prince is now on the medication and asked her to keep a very close eye on Little Prince. When I go and pick him up, I'm going to give the teacher the ADHD leaflet produced for teachers that the Nurse gave me, hopefully that will explain to her what she needs to look out for and how to support Little Prince. I'll read the leaflet before I hand it over, so we'll be able to discuss it if we need to.

Once again me and Princess Lollipop are having a quiet day. I'm too distracted and worried to be much use at anything, so there's no point trying!! I think I'll feel better once I've picked Little Prince up and seen how he is, and talked to his teacher and found out how he got on at school today. I wonder if it would have been better to wait until weekend to start Little Prince on the medication, then I could see for myself how he copes and what (if any) affect it has. However, I also wonder if I put off starting the medication till weekend, if I'd keep finding reasons (excuses!) to delay starting the medication. And with Little Prince being so apprehensive yesterday, putting it off might make it seem an even bigger deal to him! He asked for the medication this morning, so its probably best to take advantage of that decision and start him straight away. I just can't help second guessing myself at the moment!! Urgh! This has been such a hard decision to make, even though I thought I made the decision over a year ago with his previous Paediatrician! I just hope this is the right decision, especially as the Doctor yesterday said he'd be on the medication until he's 18!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006