Thursday 23 June 2011

Planning a Playhouse

I think I am getting a little too excited about Project Playhouse!! I have searched the internet and found the perfect little house for the spot in the garden we have chosen. And I've also found some beautifully decorated (mainly American) playhouses, to use as inspiration. I know I could just leave it in the factory wood finish, but I really want to make this special for Princess Lollipop. And I have to admit I think I'm living out my girlie dreams too!! Here is a picture of the house I'm using as inspiration, I love the clear candy colours used, and how girlie and pretty it looks. Part of the reason for making it so girlie is to stop Little Prince and his friends being too keen on playing in there and breaking things!! The other reason is because me and Princess Lollipop like it :-)
The house we are going to buy is quite a different design, but I can take elements of the above playhouse and use them in Princess Lollipop's. Here's a picture of the one we are going to buy.
Princess Lollipop loves playing with her small wooden kitchen we got her for Christmas, so we think she'll love having her own house!! I've already bought some bits and bobs for the house, including pretty solar powered lamps to hang on the front columns, a couple of metal barn stars and a small decorative bell to use as a door bell :-) I've bought quite a lot more but Mr Messy reads this blog sometimes, so I'll save those for a later post lol.

We are planning to buy Princess Lollipop a new larger wooden kitchen for her house for Christmas, as the one she's got will be lost in there! The only nice, child sized sofas I can find are quite expensive, so that might have to wait for Christmas/birthday too! She can make do with a couple of beanbags till then.

I also LOVE some of the older Verbaudet storage furniture that you can find on Ebay and I'm keeping a look out for some to appear near enough to us for us to go and collect, as they are all fairly large pieces and aren't postable!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006