Sunday 17 July 2011

Saturday

Mr Messy and Mrs LMS had left to go to OUR shop before I'd even got up!! When me and Princess Lollipop finally emerged from our slumbers, Garden Man was in the garden measuring for the gates he has to build and Little Prince had raided all the cupboards finding things to eat! I got him to start clearing up all the packets and wrappers up, while I made mine and Princess Lollipop's breakfast. After breakfast and my morning surfing, I got Drama Teen to look after the littlies while I got my shower and got ready. Once we were all ready I took Princess Lollipop down to OUR shop and dropped her off with Mr Messy and Mrs LMS, then me and Little Prince wen toff shopping.

Our first stop was the only fabric shop left locally!! Last week I'd received the fabric I'd ordered online to make curtains etc for the Playhouse. Unfortunately the fabrics don't contrast with each other like I'd hoped, and they clash horribly. So armed with my actual fabric in my hand, I visited the shop where I could see the fabric and check properly if it contrasted or not. There wasn't much choice, as most of the shop was given over to heavy curtain fabric which the shop was offering to make up into curtains for a fee. But with Little Prince's help I managed to find one that will make pretty curtains etc for the Playhouse.

We then visited a large home decor/furnishings type shop to get some cushion pads and some upholstery foam to make a seat cushion for the wicker sofa that will be going in the Playhouse. Little Prince behaved abysmally in the first shop, but tried so hard in the second shop. We had discussed on the drive to the shops how Little Prince might help himself to stay calm, as he wants to try and stay off his medication at weekends. Obviously I had to keep reminding him about these techniques, and hopefully he will eventually be able to use them to keep himself calmer, although it will probably take a long long time.

We picked Princess Lollipop up from OUR shop on our way home, she was tired but had refused to have a nap, so she was a grumpy girl. Mix a grumpy girl with a hyper boy and you get CHAOS!! In the end I had to seperate them by sending Little Prince to read in his room, and try to get Princess Lollipop to sleep. She had almost dropped off when Little Prince came barrelling back down the stairs, shouting "Can I come down now Mum?" I couldn't get him to sit quietly while I got Princess Lollipop back to sleep, so I had to take her upstairs for her nap and let Little Prince play downstairs. I must have fallen asleep too, as next thing I knew it was 7pm and Princess Lollipop was waking up!! She went downstairs and Little Prince came upstairs for his turn for a hug! He wriggled and squiggled for the next hour and then suddenly dropped off, the process exhausted me!! Then Mr Messy appeared with Princess Lollipop was demanding her cot, which she had obviously worked out would get her back to Mummy!! She obviously didn't want to go to sleep though, and within minutes I was bringing her back down the stairs again.

She then stayed awake until well after 10pm, before falling asleep. I've decided that this Summer Holidays my goals are to get Princess Lollipop back into a sensible bedtime/naptime routine and to get her out of nappies!! I'm adamant about the first one, but pretty relaxed about the second - if it happens wonderful, if not then we'll try again another time.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006