Saturday 23 July 2011

Saturday

As usual Mr Messy and Mrs LMS went over to OUR shop. Drama Teen looked after Little Prince while I had a bit of a lie in, thank you Drama Teen :-) When me and Princess Lollipop got up, a parcel had just been delivered for Mrs LMS. It was the dresses from the designer for the product shoot on Monday. I rang her to let her know they were here, and she was back home within minutes!! She took the parcel back to OUR shop to open, rather than risk any of her siblings getting their sticky fingers on them! Apparently work at OUR shop stopped completely when she returned with the dresses, and Mr Messy and the other staff had to look at the dresses. To get the creases out, Mr Messy hung them up in the middle of the shop, which caused quite a stir from the passers by. Mrs LMS now has a new ambition - to own her own wedding boutique :-)

While all this was going on me and Princess Lollipop went out to our nearest town to do some shopping. Drama Teen and Little Prince stayed at home watching Doctor Who, Drama Teen is determined to convert her brother into a Doctor Who Geek!!

Our first errand was to get Passport photos for both me and Princess Lollipop, I wasn't sure if Princess Lollipop would co-operate at all, but the man in the photo shop was very good and managed to get an acceptable shot of her. Obviously I hate my photograph, but you're supposed to hate your passport picture so I suppose that's ok!! Next me and Princess Lollipop called in a cafe for lunch, Princess Lollipop had been insisting for AGES that she wanted a sandwich which is what I bought her. As soon as we sat down she changed her mind and said she didn't want a sandwich and proceeded to eat my sausage roll instead!! Urgh kids!!

Next stop was the florist Mr Messy had recommended. I had brought the aluminum buckets, that I'd painted last night, and the mini artificial bay tree with me. I asked the florist to make artificial flower bouquets to fit the buckets, so that I could put them on display outside Princess Lollipop's Playhouse. Mr Messy seems to think I've gone mad, but I think it will look really cute :-) The florist is going to be back in touch in a couple of weeks when she's finished making the bouquets, and I can't wait :-) Hopefully Mr Messy will have finished the painting by then, so it will be the final finishing touch :-) We then had a mooch round some other shops and generally had a lovely girlie time :-)

When we got home Drama Teen and Little Prince had finished their Doctor Who'ing and were playing outside on the trampoline. Princess Lollipop rushed straight out to join them and started to cause chaos!! She was in a foul mood as she hadn't had her afternoon nap, and kept bursting into tears at the slightest thing! I decided an early night would do her some good, and took her up - cue more tears and drama!! She fell asleep very quickly, and me, Mrs LMS and Drama Teen went down to OUR shop to have a look at the pretty dresses :-) They are exquisite and so beautiful, I can see why Mrs LMS now wants to work in the bridal industry. We grabbed some pizza from the takeaway and then headed home.

We found Little Prince downstairs all on his own, Mr Messy had had to go upstairs and deal with Princess Lollipop when she woke up. We were all tucking into our pizzas when Mr Messy arrived back downstairs saying he couldn't get Princess Lollipop back to sleep and that she was crying for Mummy. I thought this was odd as we hadn't heard a sound over the intercom, and was very put out that I had to abandon my tea and go and persuade Princess Lollipop to settle down. If Mr Messy had waited 5 more minutes I would have had chance to finish eating and was planning on going up there and taking over anyway!! By the time I got downstairs my tea was stone cold and I was in a foul mood with everyone - they all disappeared to bed pretty quickly!!! Not a fantastic end to a lovely day!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006