Tuesday 10 January 2012

Tuesday Morning

Princess Lollipop was, yet again, very very restless in the night. The only thing that calmed her down and got her back to sleep was letting her stroke my face, which involved much eye and nose poking and not a lot of sleep for me!! We couldn't have a lie in either, as its Tiny School this morning. Princess Lollipop fussed and fussed over her breakfast, but eventually ate a reasonable amount. She was not happy about going to Tiny School, no tears just a lot of arguing. When we got there she stood outside the door with her arms folded saying she wasn't going in, but as soon as her teacher opened the door she was as happy as Larry and waltzed off inside!!

When I got home I sorted out the pile of parcels that had arrived this morning, a couple of books Mr Messy has been waiting anxiously for, a lacy edge paper punch I've been waiting for and a pretty new, waterproof coat for Princess Lollipop. Little Prince will be upset when he comes home as there was nothing for him, but as its nearly his birthday all parcels for him have to be hidden!!

My next job was to measure up Little Prince's cabin bed ready to make an underbed tent for him, hopefully for his birthday. I have enough plain cream, heavy cotton in my stash to make the whole thing so that has saved me a pretty penny :-) All I need to buy is some bias binding, hem weights, "stick and sew" velcro to attach it to his bed and felt for the Star Wars themed decoration. I think I will just get the basic tent sewn for his birthday (just over two weeks away!) and add the decoration afterwards, so I can take more time over it and get it right!

I realised as I was busy working out quantities of materials to buy that I was late for my Doctor's appointment and had to rush to get there. Luckily she was running late so nobody minded that I was late :-) I had gone in for a medication review for my anti-depressants and was pretty worried that I would be taken off them!! The Doctor was lovely and spent ages talking through how I felt, how I was managing etc. She has decided to put me on a stronger dose of the anti-depressants, as I am still feeling a bit down and have little to no energy most of the time. She has also recommended I talk to the Practice's Counsellor and see if Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can help lift my moods. Then she checked my blood pressure (fine) and weight (very not fine!) and said I really should think about losing weight. She said to see if the new dosage of medication helps me feel better and then see if I can slowly start to make changes in my diet and lifestyle to help me lose weight. She acknowledged that now is probably not a good time to try and start to lose weight, but to wait until I was feeling more positive, I really appreciated her understanding and compassion. She also mentioned that when I'm feeling ready for it that the Practice and prescribe sessions at the Local Council Gym at a slightly discounted rate - I will bear that in mind for when Princess Lollipop starts at nursery.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006