Thursday 5 July 2012

The Last Few Days

The whole family has been helping Mr Messy move OUR Shop to new premises, and its taken longer than we thought!!  I don't think he had realised quite how much stuff he had at the old shop to move!!  And being Mr Messy he left it right until the last moment to start packing ready to move!!  Thankfully we are now all finished, the old shop is emptied, cleaned and tidied, we are just waiting to meet the Landlord and hand over the keys and that is it, officially moved out!

The new shop currently resembles a bombsite, with boxes and stuff everywhere!!  Although there are more rooms at the new premises, there isn't as much storage space!!  So me and Mr Messy need to find the time to go through everything and get rid of everything he doesn't need or doesn't use!  Mr Messy hates sorting out, so I'm sure he'll keep putting it off for quite a while yet!!

At the new premises Mr Messy has two dedicated studio spaces, he is a lifestyle photographer and the majority of his photography is done "on location," however, he does do a fair amount of commercial product photography and also Visa and Passport photos so he now has a small studio to make this easier.  He has recently launched a very tastefully done Boudoir Photography service, and another of the rooms is being turned into a Boudoir Studio.  It has a gorgeous, vintage, red velvet chaise longe and a beautiful, ornate folding screen in there and I am in charge of "staging" the room, or "fluffing" as Mr Messy refers to it!!  So me and Drama Teen have been looking round Charity Shops and Car Boot Sales for suitable props, we've found quite a lot at bargain prices and later today I'm going round there to arrange them all in the studio.

I've also been spending time in my Craft Room and have almost finished prettifying my plain metal, magnetic noticeboard and my "Summertime Fun" board :-)  I've also (after much prodding from a friend!) got up the confidence to use my Cricut, and just like she said, once I got started it wasn't as hard or scary as I'd initially thought :-)  I'll be unveiling my creations on my Pinspired Creations blog very soon :-)

Little Prince and Princess Lollipop were supposed to go to their swimming lesson yesterday after school, but instead I had to take Little Prince to the Doctor.  The evening before he'd shown me his leg, which had quite a few raised red spots, that he said were burning and very itchy, I gave him some Calpol and the next morning he didn't mention them at all.  However, when he came home from school the whole area of his leg was red and swollen and extremely tender to the touch, he also had a heat rash like itchy patch of skin on both his chest and back, poor lad :-(  The Doctor said the spots on his leg were most likely infected insect bites and prescribed strong antibiotics.  The heat rash like patches, he said were very dry and could possibly be excema, and that Little Prince needed to use an emollient cream on them to see if that helped.  The onsite Pharmacy didn't have enough of the antibiotics to dispense them for us, so we had to drive over to a different Surgery to get hold of it!  By this time it was past teatime, Princess Lollipop was upset at having missed her swimming lesson and Little Prince was feeling very sorry for himself - I decided to cheer them up with a trip to Macs!  By the time we finally got home it was time to dose everyone up with their various medications and get ready for bed.  Mr Messy and Drama Teen were out photographing a local event, so I had to sort the littlies out myself.  Luckily I got Little Prince sorted out first, as when I took Princess Lollipop to bed I fell fast asleep myself!!



Drama Teen has finished her A Level exams now and left college - which I can't believe as she can't be old enough to do that!!  She and her boyfriend are helping me out by finishing painting the Princess Lollipop's Playhouse - The Pink House.  They have also been working really hard helping Mr Messy move to his new premises, now he has moved, I'm hoping they will have time to get on with more painting :-)  I'd LOVE to get the whole thing finished before the Summer Holidays!!  And I'm really looking forward to sewing all the accessories and getting all the bits and pieces in place, I really enjoy doing all the "finishing touches" :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006