Thursday 23 January 2014

Catch Up

I've been to both my Craft Classes this week and whilst there carried on working on the name cushions for the Littlies birthdays. Little Prince's one is finished, but due to how I've placed his name and the decoration it looks a bit unbalanced! So I'm going to embroider a meandering trail of horse shoe prints in the space and hopefully that will solve the problem. Princess Lollipop's cushion with her initial in the style of a Superman logo, topped with a crown is totally finished, I just need to insert the cushion pad and sew up the open edge. I'm making her a second one with her full name and more girlie decorations and I got that started today. She will appreciate the Superman one more I'm sure, but I'm really enjoying making these cushions and can't resist making her a totally girlie one, so it's more for me than her!!
This morning I met up with a couple of friends for early morning coffee (Diet Coke for me lol), company and chat :-) It's the first time we've all got together since Christmas soooooooo it was lovely to have a proper catch up, rather than the snatched conversations we have at the school gates :-)
I've also been looking about on Pinterest to get inspiration on how to paint the "mini Welsh dresser" I've bought to make Princess Lollipop an "office" she adores writing letters and sticking things with sellotape, so I think she'll really love it :-) And I'm having loss of fun planning it all too - win win :-) I bought the paint and some cheap brushes (Mr Messy says I never clean them properly so I don't bother any more, I just buy "disposable" ones!) So I'll be able to get on with that as son as I get a minute!!
The tumble dryer broke down, with a full load of washing inside it and another waiting in the washing machine!! But the repair man was able to come the next morning and fix it there and then, it was something we could have done without (especially after just having both cars fixed!!) but at least it was repaired quickly and relatively cheaply :-)
So it's been an up and down week, but mainly ups :-) This positive thinking is getting to me :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006