Wednesday 20 June 2007

Possible mistake!!!

I was on the DfES online checklist for adopting from China, checking out what fees I needed to sort out for the next bit of the process - being highly organised for a complete change!! However, I have discovered I might have made a major booboo with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office payment!! I read the letter from the DfES as saying that we needed to send one Postal Order for £27.00 to have our papers legalised by the FCO. However, after reading the online checklist, I'm not sure if we should have sent TWO lots of £27 ie Postal Order for £54.00. I asked on the yahoo list and have got conflicting answers - one person paid £54 and another originally paid £54 but had £27 reimbursed!! So which is right?? I have no idea!!!

I've emailed the DfES and got another 'Out of Office' reply to add to my growing collection!! I'm hoping they will respond tomorrow or Friday and put me out of my misery - otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday afternoon to ring them. I am betting I'll be waiting until Monday!! The DfES seem to have reverted back to their usual 'do nothing' mode - they still haven't sent out two people's referral papers (after having them for TWO WEEKS!!) and other families are still waiting for their ITTs to be sent and they travel very soon!!! It is such a crying shame that these families are being put through this extra stress, at what should be happy and joyous time.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

DFES have been terrible this week..its strange isn't it..makes you wonder?
Its odd about the payments.Has it gone down in price?
You need two stamps thus two payments..added up to make one.It was £38 for us..£19 per stamp.

Janet said...

I know what you mean about the DfES - they seem to have locked themselves away at the moment!! What is going on??

I've just spoken to the FCO and they said they will have followed our Notary's instructions. And if we've only sent £27 they will have only legalised one document!! I will be on the phone to DfES as soon as their lines open on Monday, to try and sort this out. But given the current climate there, I'm not holding out much hope!!!

Love
Janet

PS the price has gone up £27 per stamp!


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006