Friday 22 June 2007

Things are no clearer!!

After hearing from another PAP who is at a similar stage in the process, and has sent two lots of £27.00, on advice from the FCO - I rang them myself! What a complete waste of time!! I had to sit through a long (boring) recorded message, to then be given options to listen to more recorded messages, or hold to talk to a real live person. The first time on hold, I was just cut off, second time the phone rang and rang and rang and then cut off!! I tried ringing the other number the recorded message gave, and the lady that answered could not answer my question, but did tell me if I pressed 7 at any point during the recorded message that I'd go through to the people. I tried that quite a few times, before finally reaching Dippy Drippy Lady!! She had no clue whatsoever!!! She didn't know if we needed one or two legalisation stamps and said they would have just followed our Notary's instructions. This is the Notary that was going to give us the dossier to send ourselves (we are not allowed to see/touch it!) and had even less of an idea of what to do than we did!! So the only thing I can do is wait for our dossier to land back at DfES and see what they say. I'll be ringing them as soon as the line opens on Monday afternoon to check, as I have no faith that they will answer my email, apart from the out of office reply.

I do have some good news!! Me and my Best Friend have decided to take Little Prince to Disney Florida for a week in September :-) She has just gone to Florida with her husband and sons, and they don't like Disney (gasp shock horror!!) so she will only get to spend one day there, doing what they want to do. I was so jealous that she was going, that I started to wonder hmmmmmm!! And came up with the grand plan of me and her taking Little Prince :-) We will probably book a really cheap deal via the local airport, not bothered about staying in a 'nice' hotel - anywhere with a comfy bed will do. We won't be spending much time in the hotel - we'll be at Disney :-) So I've got all the brochures out checking, but the deals on the internet bear no relation to the brochure prices!! Once she's back we'll get it all booked. And I am being very very naughty - Little Prince starts school next September and he will go for a week and then have a week off!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006