Friday 31 August 2007

Busy day doing nothing!!

Its been one of those days where I don't seem to have stopped doing something, but then again don't seem to have done anything!!! We were woken bright and early by the skip arriving, ready for the handyman to dig out the raised vegetable beds and dismantle them. The skip was safely deposited on the drive - sorry neighbours!! And the handyman did a great job of clearing the veg garden. It looks so much bigger now its empty!! The trouble is its so dry after years of being under raised beds or weed suppressing membrane, that as soon as you go outside you get a mouthful of dust blown at you!! Not sure what I want to do with the area now. Turfing it seems the simplest option, but then when we put Little Prince's Little Tikes stuff on their it will kill most of the turf!! Chipped bark is another option, but I'm sure Little Prince will love spreading it liberally round the rest of the garden!! Decking, its a bit too modern for my tastes and the age of the house. So I'm stuck!! Needs a bit more thinking about I think!! I also chatted to the handyman about a list of other jobs I want doing - niggly little things that I have nagged Mr Messy to do, but that he hasn't got round to or doesn't have time to do. The handyman has agreed that once I have bought all the necessary bits and bobs for the jobs he will come round and get them done.

Little Miss Sensible and Fraulein were both in college today. Fraulein to formally sign up for her courses and LMS to see her English tutors regarding resiting her last two exams! She got a Grade B and she wants a Grade A - if she is willing to put the extra work in and redo the exams next Summer they are very willing to support her. So that is what she is doing, recalling the papers so her tutors can look over her work and give her advice on how to improve her performance and hopefully get the elusive Grade A. I've said before she is a perfectionist, no one she has told so far can believe that she is actually unhappy with a Grade B!!! Except me and Mr Messy as we know her very well :-)

Drama Teen and her friend played on the Wii with Little Prince for quite a long time this afternoon. They also made chocolate melting puddings, at least the cooking equipment was all over the kitchen - but as I didn't have one I don't actually know if they did cook them!! I'm joking I know they cooked them, and I know they probably tasted lovely - but I avoided them as I'm trying to cut down!! I will definitely have to try and make it to the gym once Little Prince is settled in nursery!!

Little Prince has been prescribed some steroid cream for the ends of his fingers, as all the skin is flaking and peeling and is quite sore. The trouble is he sucks his thumb, so a lot of the day has been spent making sure he hasn't got his thumb in his mouth. He has been very grumpy about this and keeps telling me I'm a naughty mummy! Hopefully the cream will work pretty quickly and we don't have to go through this for too long!!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006