Saturday 25 August 2007

Exchange student arrives tomorrow!

Since getting home from shopping we have all been frantically tidying, cleaning and sorting ready for the arrival of Fraulein tomorrow!! I'm not panicking - am I???? Yes I am actually - and when I panic, I make people tidy up!!! I was the same throughout our homestudy - just ask Mr Messy or the kids!!!

Mr Messy cleaned the bathroom, and even the loo - he's a lovely man :-) I sorted out the cupboard at the end of the stairs, which we usually just shove stuff in and jam the door shut!! So I dragged everything out and sorted it (loads more stuff for the tip and the charity shop) and managed to get all the suitcases that had been left in various places round the house, back in there. I got all the spare quilts into bags and put back in there too. And there's still room to spare :-) I also came across a huge box full of stuff that I've bought or been given, for MeiMei (dolls, toys, clothes, baby feeding bowls, bottle insulators) - I'd forgotten I'd got most of it!!! And I didn't realise how many Pandas I've bought over the years!!! Hope she likes cuddlies lol :-) Drama Teen cleaned the big patio windows, and dusted the lounge and hallway and she did an excellent job of both. Little Miss Sensible supervised Little Prince, they played together on the Wii and then read books together. Then she helped me get the last bits and pieces back into the cupboard.

Little Miss Sensible is out tonight with her college friends, who she hasn't seen for ages due to her long backpacking holiday. Me and Mr Messy are going to drop her off at the pub, where she is meeting her friends and then go to the supermarket and get food for lunch and Sunday dinner tomorrow (got to make a good first impression on Fraulein!!) and the last few bits and pieces for her room. When I was making her bed up, I found we only had really cheap nasty spare pillows - more like pancakes than pillows, so we need to get another one!! I also wanted to get her a small box of chocs to put on her desk in her room, just in case she hates my cooking!!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006