Saturday 25 August 2007

This morning we went off into town for a family shopping spree. Mr Messy had seen some Converse trainers he liked, and they were on offer 'Buy One Get One Half Price' and I'd seen some too!! So off we went - not as early as we'd have liked, mostly my fault! I went to bed late, and then Little Prince woke me up about 3 hours later as he'd dropped Blankie! Then 3 hours after that he decided it was wake up time!! Two lots of 3 hours sleep isn't good for me!! So kind Mr Messy let me have a lie in, another 3 hours sleep and I felt good enough to face the day :-) We also had to get Drama Teen a couple of school skirts, which I was dreading!! Fashion vs sensible or teen vs parent - not my favourite way to spend a day!! After trying a couple of shops and being met with either the skirt doesn't fit, or hmmm it will do if there's nothing else and the 'yuk' face!! I was beginning to think this 'skirt quest' was going to be a fruitless nightmare! But luckily Tammy at BHS came up trumps - fashionable enough to please Drama Teen, and sensible (ie not too short!!) enough to suit me!! Result :-)

We weren't so lucky with the Converse trainers - well I was but Mr Messy wasn't. They had a lovely grey pair with pale pink flowers on that I loved, but he ones Mr Messy chose weren't available in his size. So Drama Teen had an unexpected windfall, and she got to chose a pair - neon pink, I won't be borrowing those!! She also had a great time in H&M, and we were astonished that she managed to find a dress she had seen while shopping with Fraulein in Berlin - she was thrilled :-) Plus while me and Little Prince were off finding a loo, she managed to charm Mr Messy into another dress and a top - he just can't resist! And they know who to ask when they want to go shopping!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006