Thursday 18 October 2007

Not so interesting happenings

Well yesterday was busy, and for a change I managed to get quite a lot done!! Usually I run round like a loony but never seem to get anywhere, so I'm quite pleased with myself that I've ticked lots of jobs of my 'To Do List.'
I made and posted some Squishes for some more individual swaps, I did a mass mailing to all those listed on the OHGWQ database and 5 out of the 10 have replied wanting to swap, so that's good. And they are all willing to swap for both Little Prince and MeiMei's quilt, so that's even better :-)
Much more mundanely I got loads of loads of washing done! And I even managed to get them dry without them smelling musty/damp!! The last few times I've washed clothes they've ended up smelling icky once they are dry, but if I get them straight out of the washing machine when it finishes and dry them straight away they are fine. It does mean I can't put a wash on overnight though, which is a bit of a pain!
Little Prince unexpectedly had a little friend to play after school, and they seemed to be playing so nicely that I spent some time on my computer. Me and Fraulein even managed to email a lady in Belgium in French and arrange to swap Squishes!! It took both of us, Alta Vista Babel Fish translation site and a lot of laughing to achieve this! I'm so glad Fraulein was here I would have made a complete hash of it without her lol. We got so involved in that that I almost forgot to get Little Prince and his friend some tea!! Luckily I had some quick cook stuff in and managed to feed them before it was time to drop friend off at home. I left Fraulein and Little Prince to tidy up the lounge, which was covered in toys - you couldn't see the floor!!! I found out later that they'd done the same to his bedroom, and 'cleaned' the bathroom floor with bath bubbles!! So much for playing nicely huh?

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006