Saturday 3 November 2007

Yesteray's happenings

Mr Messy was at home as he had a dentist appointment first thing. His teeth are fine and he doesn't have to have any work done, which I'm sure he's pleased about as he's not that keen on the dentist.
I was in a foul mood as Drama Teen had (deliberately I suspect!!) missed the school bus that morning, so instead of a leisurely morning shower and get ready I had to throw my clothes on and get out the house to take Little Prince to school in about five minutes flat! Mr Messy took Drama Teen to school and went straight to the dentist. Once he had returned home I ignored him and let him tidy up (the house has descended into a tip again!!) and most of the mess was his anyway. We were speaking again by lunchtime and went out to a local cafe for lunch. During the afternoon we finished the tidying up and now have a lovely tidy house instead of a messy tip - so I'm in a lot better mood now :-) I just wish I didn't have to get foul with everyone before they actually pick things up after themselves!!!

Fraulein came home from college saying she had done something stupid!! There has been an ongoing situation with a girl and boy, who seem to have an on/off relationship, and the boy has asked Fraulein to go out with him. However, the girl got wind of this and has been nasty to Fraulein. We've previously advised her to stay well out of it and wait until after Christmas and if he is still interested then maybe go out with him. However, he has now kissed Fraulein, so its probably all going to blow up in her face when the girl finds out on Monday!!! Oh dear!!! I'm worried, that Fraulein, as the new girl and with not very well established friendships will be the one ostracised when her friends find out!!!

We are having another HOST student this weekend and I went off to the train station to collect her. Unfortunately just after I arrived at the station I received a call from her to say she had missed her train and would be late! I rang home and Mr Messy checked on the internet and told me when she would arrive - in an hours time!! If I'd have known I would have taken a book to read or something, but had nothing with me and ended up sat in the car listening to the radio for an hour. Eventually the student arrived and we came home via the supermarket to get the ingredients needed to make Parkin.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006