Sunday 6 January 2008

Sad Saturday

Little Miss Sensible worked 9am till 2pm, which was a complete bummer as she went back to university yesterday too. So we didn't get to see much of her at all. We had planned for me and her to take Little Prince out for the day, but she'd forgotten she was working. Oh well as a poor student she needs the money, and it does show how responsible she is :-) When she got home from work we did take Little Prince to Toys R Us and let him chose a present (from LMS paid for by me lol). He must have examined every single toy in the whole shop, and rejected them all!! Until he decided he wanted an Aqua Draw :-) He used to have one of those but we had to get rid of it due to a potty training accident!! I'll leave the details to your imagination lol.

I cried lots when we got home and loaded LMS's stuff into the car and waved her and Mr Messy off. Little Prince kept stroking my cheek and saying "I feel like that too" but he didn't actually cry. He was extra huggy and cuddly, which is always nice, usually he is too busy and active for many cuddles. Later on Fraulein and her friend rang up to say they needed picking up from the station, so off me and Little Prince set to get them. By the time we got there (40 min journey) the girls were shivering outside the station, but they had been asked to ring BEFORE they got on the train, not once it had set off as had happened - perhaps they'll listen next time lol?!?! I was not in the mood for cooking so I took them all to McDonalds on the way home. Little Prince wasn't spectacularly well behaved and seemed to be playing up quite a lot more than usual. Once we eventually arrived back home it was his bedtime, so I got him ready and in bed pretty quickly. Fraulein and her friend disappeared off to her room and I was left to take down the Christmas decorations on my own. I hate taking the decorations down, especially on my own, but I always seem to end up doing it!!! At one point (mid job) Fraulein did come down and ask if I knew where Drama Teen's High School Musical DVD was - I didn't unfortunately. Despite it being obvious I was in the middle of a job, she disappeared back upstairs without asking to help - not happy!! I know, I know I should have just asked them to help, but I was in a bad mood and preferred to play the martyr!!! It was 11.30pm ish by the time I'd got all the decorations down and packed back into their cupboard, apart from the (artificial) tree, as I can't get the box upstairs on my own. Mr Messy will put it away when he gets back later on Sunday. Forgot to mention (I think!!) that he is staying over in university town, before setting off on Sunday morning to pick up Drama Teen after her skiing trip.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006