Friday 4 January 2008

Today's Stuff

Today was a busy day - see what happens when I get better lol. I had to drop Fraulein (and her friend who is visiting from Germany) off at college this morning for a revision lesson. They were then going to go into town to the local cinema and needed a lift home later. When we got home Little Prince said he didn't feel well and went all shivery and cold, hope he isn't coming down with another bug, he is so desperate to get back to school and see his friends. Got a call from Little Miss Sensible not long after we got in to go and pick her up from The Boyfriend's house, as he was about to set off on his skiing adventure. She seemed subdued, pale and quiet when I picked her up, but hadn't been crying, which I had expected so was quite a surprise. I'm sure the tears will come later!! We got back home and luckily the deliveries I was supposed to be waiting in all day for hadn't arrived (stand for the ginormous Chav TV and various wires and surge protectors for the same TV). A couple of hours later I had to go and pick up the hire car we've got for the weekend, Mr Messy has to go over to LMS's university and drop her off tomorrow and then stay overnight and go straight to Carlisle to pick Drama Teen up from her skiing trip on Sunday and I have to take Fraulein's friend back to the airport on Saturday too. My car, a beaten up old Discovery isn't reliable enough and is way too thirsty to take on long journies, so we've hired a car for the weekend just to make sure we have two reliable cars. I ended up with a Ford C-Max and I'm not impressed, I just touch the brakes and nearly put my head through the steering wheel, and its all adjusted for a midget, I'm not that tall and I can't see the dials through the steering wheel!! I should get the manual out and adjust it all, but it seems a bit too much faffing when the car is going back first thing on Monday!! I've told Mr Messy he can drive it, I'll drive our other car lol. Anyway after picking up the car, I went to the supermarket to get LMS's shopping that she needs for uni, and to kill time till I had to pick Fraulein and friend up. Just as I finished the shopping I got a text from them saying they would get the bus, so I could go straight home. Which meant I got to spend a little bit more time with LMS, before she goes back to uni tomorrow. Its started to really hit me that she is going again, and I keep crying, but don't tell her or she'll get upset too :-( When Mr Messy got home he put together the TV stand and I've just helped him put it in place, he is all excited, but its just a TV stand and I don't really 'get' why its so good!?!?! It must be a boy thing?!?!

We also got an email from our Social Worker saying she will be coming to see us in a few weeks to start redoing our homestudy, and also saying we would need to redo our references. I queried this with her as it sounded a LOT more complicated than the DFES requirements for an addendum and letter of support from the LA, and she has agreed to contact the DFES and find out exactly what they want/need before coming to see us. I just wish that our sw and our LA Team Leader would actually listen to me when I tell them what is required, they both agree that I know more about the process then they do, but then ignore me when I tell them what we need to do and needlessly complicate matters!!! Hopefully the phone call to the DFES (must learn their new acronym!!!) will clear up matters and make it all simpler - fingers crossed!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006