Sunday 13 January 2008

We saw Little Miss Sensible

We all got up early and set off to Little Miss Sensible's university. Although not as early as we'd hoped as Mr Messy had a really painful stiff neck and headache :-( Throughout the whole journey Little Prince was asking "Are we there yet?" he was slightly distracted by playing with Drama Teen's old Gameboy, but not much!! We stopped off for some lunch on the way, at a lovely cafe Mr Messy and LMS had found previously, but even food couldn't distract Little Prince from his mission of seeing his big sister :-) Although when we finally arrived and he saw her running across the car park to him, he just stood there and was very nonchalant!!! Even though my Baby Bro went to the same university and stayed in the same halls, this is the first time I'd actually been to them. The room was smaller than I'd imagined, and very yellow!!! I think the bright paint is to try and distract you from the state of the building in general - it is being demolished some time soon and brand new buildings are being built. We spent some time in LMS's room and when Little Prince was getting just a bit too bouncy on her bed, we went off for a walk round the town. LMS showed us some of the different university buildings and then we mooched around the shops. We had a meal together in a local cafe, before once again going back to LMS's halls. LMS took Little Prince to meet her friends, and he decided to stay with them and watch Spiderman and sent LMS back to her room for his snack lol. Too soon it was time to say our goodbyes and set off back home. LMS stayed in her room and waved from her window. We sat in the car while Mr Messy sorted out the SatNav, when all of a sudden Little Prince started to sob and huge tears rolled down his cheeks "I miss my LMS" he gulped. I shot out of the car to hug and comfort him, mimed what was happening to LMS who immediately ran down to hug Little Prince herself. That seemed to help and he calmed down again - thank you LMS. I must admit that once LMS was out of sight I cried myself, she is so strong and brave and I'm so proud of her. And I miss her too :-( Little Prince and Drama Teen spent the start of the journey playing on Gameboys or texting (only Drama Teen did that lol!!) until Little Prince started to cry his tummy was hurting. As we were on the motorway with no services anywhere to be seen, we encouraged him to try and sleep, which he did all the rest of the way home. At one point on the motorway I saw a youngish man stood next to his car on the hard shoulder looking as though he was going to run across the three lanes of speeding traffic!!! I had him pegged as a total idiot, until Mr Messy exclaimed that there was a car crashed into the central barrier - the youngish man was obviously trying to reach that car!! I hope the brave man managed to safely reach the crashed car and that he and the occupants of the crash are all ok.
When we got home I put Little Prince straight to bed, which looking back this morning wasn't a good idea as he woke up at 6am!! Drama Teen and Fraulein (who was feeling a lot better after sleeping most of the day) decided to watch Bridge to Terabrithia. Me and Mr Messy didn't fancy watching that, so we had an early night instead, luckily given the time Little Prince woke up this morning!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to see you all and I'll see you SOOOOON! :D And you'll be seeing a lot of me since it looks like none of my friends will be able to come back for the weekends I'm there. Thought the Friend With The Puppy may be coming back. We reeeeaally don't know! lol

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

It was WONDERFUL to see you too :-) Little Prince is counting the days till you are here :-) Sorry your friends won't be around much, you could have done with their company I think.
Take care
Love
Mummy
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Though I went to the same place to study as LMS I never stayed in the same halls she is in. I was in some ones around the corner!

Baby Bro.

Janet said...

Sorry Baby Bro, my mistake :-)
The route into the town looked very familiar, but the town itself has changed a lot.
Love
Janet

Anonymous said...

It is always the way these things happen.
I must get round to going over to see LMS and see if what I remember is there, still is!

Baby Bro

Anonymous said...

Don't come in the next couple of weeks, I won't be there!

LMS
xxx

Anonymous said...

I might let you know before I turn up. I mean, I'll need you to show an old fogey round ;-)

Baby Bro

Anonymous said...

You only MIGHT let me know? lol

And you'll probably still know your way around better than me! I only see a very select bit of the place!

LMS
xxx

Anonymous said...

Of course I'll let you know! Don't panic.

Baby Bro.


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006