Tuesday 26 February 2008

Hard times for Little Prince

I have just finished Little Prince's annual contact letter and asked him if he would like to say anything in the letter. First he went extremely wide eyed (fear?) and then refused to speak about it. I dropped the subject and we carried on with what we were doing. At bedtime he wanted only me to take him and he wanted to be snuggled up with a bottle before bed. He hasn't asked for a bottle (and the reassurance it gives him) for over a year and I think its probably something to do with my mentioning the contact letter. While we were snuggled up and he was having his bottle he said things like "I wish I was your tummy baby" and wanted me to sing baby songs to him. Adoption is such an awfully big thing for a small boy to get to grips with, and I wish I could wave my magic wand and make it all happy, smiley for him - but I know that's impossible and that I just have to be there to support him as his understanding grows and he comes to terms with his past. Love you to the moon and back, no matter what, Little Prince xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006