Monday 18 February 2008

I'm still here!!

I'm not even going to try and do a catch up post, I've left it too long lol. Just wanted to say that I'm still here, still upset and bogged down by the fact we can't get any sense out of the DCSF re changing to SNs. I'm trying to contact a UK based facilitator/guide to talk to the CCAA for us, but even that isn't going well - he hasn't answered my email, and the phone number I've got now says it doesn't accept incoming calls :-( Is nothing in this process easy?!?!?! Obviously NOT!!!
UPDATE: Managed to track down current contact details for the facilitor, and speak to him!! He promised to reply to our email tonight - I've been obsessively checking all afternoon!!! Keep those fingers crossed!!!
Another UPDATE: I've just had an email from the UK based facilitator and he has agreed to contact the CCAA and ask my questions and provide me with a written report of his conversation. I feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted from my shoulders now :-) Off to bed now and hopefully I can sleep peacefully, knowing that I should have something concrete to present to the DCSF soon :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean you haven't learnt yet that nothing about this is going to be easy? :p

*huuuuuuuuugs*

Love LMS
xxxxxxxx

Janet said...

lol I should have known, shouldn't I??

Love
Mummy
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi sorry to hear this Janet. Have sent you a quick email.

love Wai Ling x

Anonymous said...

It'll get better, these things are sent to try you. It'll just make the end result even better :)

*big hugs*

Love
Baby Sis
xxx

Janet said...

Hi Wai Ling,
Thank you for your encouraging email - I'll reply as soon as I can :-)
Take care and give your princess a hug from me :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Janet said...

Hi Baby Sis,

Thanks for the encouragement - really appreciate it at the moment :-) And you are right after all of this the result will be even sweeter :-)
Big hugs to you too
Love
Big Sis
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sadly expedited is not for the faint hearted. Lots of nerves of steel and determination are the only way to push forward. At times like this dont you wish you had an agency to sort all this out for you:)

Love S

Anonymous said...

Good news re facilitator - keep us updated Janet. Hope it's what we want to hear but either way at least you can finally get started!

Wai Ling x


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006