Monday 18 February 2008

NOTHING is simple!!!

Rant alert!!!!
We have arranged for LMS, Drama Teen, Fraulein and my Baby Sis to go to Disneyland Paris in April and today was the day I had to pay the final balance. Simple enough job huh? NOPE!!!! I rang Disneyland first thing and was on hold for 15 minutes, got fed up with that and used their 'ring the caller back' option. After a couple of hours had passed with no call back I tried again, on the number quoted in the brochure rather than the one on the holiday confirmation. I got straight through and chatted away to a very nice young man (all Mickey's people are lovely lol) who sorted it all out for me. However, the payment came up declined!!! WTF?!?! There is DEFINITELY enough money to pay it, the very nice young man said it could be because I was trying to pay a fairly large amount, in GB Pounds to a French based company and advised me to contact my bank to sort it out. Our bank has one of those automated answer machines where you have to press unumerable numbers to get anywhere, and then you are treated to a five minute recorded message telling you all about the services the bank offers before being given the option to 'press X for a customer service adviser.' Once I was actually speaking to a real live person it all seemed so simple, a few security checks later and all was sorted out, I was told I could ring Disneyland straight away. So I did!! Big mistake!! After going through LOADS of security questions (I am paying but not one of the holidaymakers, and that seemed to upset this not quite as nice young man!!!) the payment was declined AGAIN!!!! I was so angry by this time, but got distracted sorting something out for Little Prince, during which time I missed a call on my mobile. I hunted round the house for some mobile phone signal, and once I finally found some checked my voicemail. It was an urgent message from my bank's fraud control centre, asking me to get in touch with them immediately!!! I rang them up and again had to go through the security questions, this was getting VERY tedious!! They then informed me that I hadn't waited long enough for the 'stop' to be removed from the payment, and should have given it longer!! Why did the person on the first telephone call tell me I could sort it out straight away then?? They didn't have an answer!! I then tried calling Disneyland (again!! For the THIRD time!!) and was put through to the very nice young man I'd spoken to originally. He said their system was showing my payment as 'in limbo' neither paid nor declined!!! He said to give it till later in the week and then ring them again to see if the payment has gone through or not. He said they've had this problem many times before, and sometimes it can lead to people paying twice, and this was the best way to avoid that. He assured me that my booking is safe and won't be cancelled, as it is showing on their system that I tried to pay and that everything will be sorted out later in the week. So two phone calls to the bank and three to Disneyland later and I still haven't managed to pay the darned thing off!!! Wish me luck for later in the week (when I try again) - going off today's farce I'll need it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no what a pain!!! Hope you get us sorted!!

Baby Sis
xxx

PS - did you forget??x

Janet said...

Total pain!!! And I don't even get to see Mickey!!!!
Happy 25th Birthday Baby Sis :-) I forgot to post your card, but didn't forget it was your birthday, if that makes any sense!!!
Lots of love
Janet
xxxxxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006