Saturday 5 April 2008

Life is complicated!

Fraulein wanted a word with me. She wanted to know if it was ok to invite a friend from college for a sleepover. I'm not that keen on the friend, even though I haven't met her, Fraulein's descriptions of her and her on/off boyfriend's behaviours have been enough to put me off them both. But you can't chose your children's friends for them, so I agreed that friend come come over. There's something else I have to tell you first, says Fraulein - she's pregnant!! Visibly pregnant, hence the having to tell me, before I noticed! That's not a huge deal I suppose, although I find it sad that a college age girl is pregnant at her age, children are a heck of a commitment at any age and she's still mostly a child herself. The trouble is the father is the on/off boyfriend who has also been pursuing Fraulein! Which as the expecting girl lives with his family, he must have known for some time that she was pregnant and still chose to pursue Fraulein. Its not a good situation and I just hope it works out for them all, but especially the innocent little baby that will be born into all of this. I am, however, very proud of Fraulein, she said she has been trying (and thinks she may have succeeded a little) to get the boy to understand his responsibilities to both his future child, and to the child's mother. She also wants to try and make things better for the girl, and that is why she has invited her over here, to get her out of the boys house and the situation there, and give her space to talk. Fraulein can be a dizzy teenager, but she is also a very caring young lady, well done Fraulein.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could turn this into a soap script!

Poor thing, hope she comes to her senses and sees what a B**** he is.

Love S

Janet said...

Tell me about it!!! I think she slowly is though :-)
Love
Janet


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006