Saturday 5 April 2008

Today's Blurb

Little Prince didn't have a good night. He woke up a few times, he was sick and he woke up mega early. Today I had to take Drama Teen out to a CLAPA Youth Council Meeting, which meant leaving Little Prince with LMS. A very tired LMS who stayed up really late on her girlie sleepover with her friends, and then had to get up way before she wanted to, so that she could look after Little Prince when me and Drama Teen went out. I spent the whole day worrying about them both, but they seemed to cope very well :-) Although Little Prince refused to go to his classmates party (proves he's ill!!) they just walked to the village hall and dropped the present off and came home again.

Drama Teen said her Council Meeting was boring (as usual!!) and that she wasn't that keen on the food in the restaurant that they went to. Oh well!! I spent a few hours mooching round the shops, sticking to the indoor shopping mall as it was freezing cold and wet outside. Which was a shock to Drama Teen when we arrived there, as she wasn't dressed for that sort of weather!! We had to make a mad dash for the shops before the meeting, to try and get her something warmer to wear, but nothing was good enough to go with the carefully styled outfit, so all she ended up with was some socks!! Fussy teens!!! The meeting finished on time so we were able to dash back to the train station and get an earlier train than I had expected, which was a relief because a) we would get back to the poorly boy quicker and 2) my feet were killing me!! Drama Teen slept most of the way home on the train, which was rather boring for me as I had no one else to talk to, but I decided against waking her up as she would just be grumpy!!

Little Prince was thrilled to see us when we got home, and more thrilled with his present - a Mickey Mouse car and a Power Rangers colouring book. He started colouring in straight away, and did the best colouring I've ever known him do :-) I spent half an hour or so in the garden, tidying up some more of the stuff the handyman left and I'm beginning to like my garden again now :-) I've got my patio set back and I've got a load of stuff to take to the tip tomorrow, and at some point in the school hols me, Drama Teen and Little Prince are going to get his climbing frame and slides washed. I'll probably drag them to the garden centre (kicking and screaming if I have to!!) and get some bedding plants to brighten the place up a bit too :-) I'll also have to find some way of cleaning the moss off the patio to make that a bit safer and nicer to look at too. I tried the power washer last year, but it didn't work very well and made a huge mess all over the patio doors!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006