Tuesday 6 May 2008

All's Quiet!

Mr Messy is back at work, Fraulein is back in college and Drama Teen and Little Prince are back at their respective schools. Its very strange to have the house to myself, and for it to be so quiet - I'm just about to put my iPod on the speakers to listen to some music lol!! Can't stand it this quiet!!

I've been back on the Wii Fit, and feel much better for it! All this endorphin release stuff must be true!! I've felt slightly down and lifeless over the long weekend (I'm not doing the Wii Fit in front of the kids lol) but feel bouncy and lively again now I've managed to do my exercising!!

I'm stuck in the house all day waiting for DHL to deliver a parcel, so I've managed to get quite a few jobs done round the house too. I've just got to wrap up a few parcels of my own and nip to the Post Office to get them on their way. Then I think I'll finish sorting out the washing ready for everyone to put their own stuff away when they come in tonight. And after that I might start some knitting - how domesticated :-)

The builder came this morning, and got the last bit of foundation dug out, he couldn't do any more than that as none of the stuff he needs has arrived!! The reclamation man who was supposed to deliver the bricks ready for a start this week, is now missing and not answering any of his phones!! And the rest of the stuff (builders sand, plastisiser and more ballast) is being delivered tomorrow. Why can't people be more reliable?!?! The builder is on a weeks holiday this week and wanted to get the whole thing finished, but with all these delays I can't see that happening!! Its a pity as with the weather being so nice at the moment we could have got a lot done to put the garden back together again!! Oh well, I'm sure it will be finished one day....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical British builders/tradesmen. Enjoy the sunshine and peace!

Love S

Janet said...

Hi S,
Tell me about it!!! STILL not heard from the man with the bricks!! Aaaaaargh!!!
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006