Friday 30 May 2008

Yep its yet another catch up post!!

Thursday - LMS came home from Uni. Well only until Sunday as she is out at a party with friends from college on Saturday night, and at a BBQ at Uni on Tuesday night so has to go back again. She is then coming home for the Summer next Thursday. Little Prince is confused and grumpy, he wants his sister to come home and STAY home and isn't very happy that she is going away again, even though its only for a few days. He was very impressed that he got to stay up late and go with Daddy to the station to pick LMS up, and insisted that she take him to bed once they were home. I feel redundant when LMS is here!! During the morning Mr Messy and Drama Teen both went to have their eyes tested, Drama Teen chose some new designer frames and looks very good in them. However, the optician was quite worried about the changes to Mr Messy's eyes, she has recommended that he go and be tested for diabetes (!!!) before coming back next week to have his eyes re-tested. He will also have to have his pupils dilated so that she can photograph the backs of his eyes better, his pupils are too small to do it properly without the dilation. He is NOT going to like the effects of his pupils being dilated!! I had it done a few years ago and the slightest bit of light makes your eyes really hurt!!
Friday - Little Prince woke up at 2.30am!!! To tell me that his curtains weren't shut right!! Aaaargh!!! I 'corrected' the curtains and went back to bed and lay there for almost an hour listening to Little Prince wriggling and playing - when he started to bellow Happy Birthday to Me I gave up and went and told him to go back to sleep. He was quite surprised to hear it was still stupid o'clock and he should be asleep, but luckily agreed to try and sleep again! I was then woken up at just after 6am by Mr Messy wanting to know if I'd seen his wallet!!! Why do my whole family think I know where everything they have ever owned is??? I went downstairs and tried to look for the missing wallet, but Mr Messy found it in one of the shopping bags from his trip to town yesterday. I went to bed, again, and got a few more hours sleep before being woken by a hungry Little Prince. After lunch me, LMS and Little Prince went to town to buy Little Prince some new PE pumps and for LMS to hand out her CV to various shops to see if she can get a Summer job. We then went to the small out of town retail park to hand out more CVs. While LMS was visiting the other shops me and Little Prince went to Toys R Us for a look round, and managed to find some more Disney Cars he hasn't got - a minor miracle as he has that many of them!! LMS joined us half way round the shop after completing her CV Mission. When we were in the Babies R Us section I noticed they had the cot that I like, and also that it was massively reduced as it has now been discontinued! Guess what?? I bought it!!! The sales person then knocked some more money off as it was the shop display model and had a few scuffs and knocks on it, so I got a HUGE bargain and the exact cot I've been coveting :-) My next mission is to see if I can find the matching dresser anywhere. I know I'll have to store them for ages, but at least I will have the ones I want :-) Mr Messy thinks I've flipped completely, but when I told him how much I'd saved he forgave me lol
UPDATE - I got the changing unit too :-)
This evening LMS babysat so that me and Mr Messy could go to the cinema to see the latest Indiana Jones movie. It was FANTASTIC :-) Lots of action and humour and references to the previous films. We both really enjoyed it :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've not seen it yet so don't tell me anything about it!!! I won't be able to see it now till after I get back from Canada, I go on Tuesday!!! I'll take lots of pics for you LMS

Baby Sis
xxx

Janet said...

I'm not telling you anything - apart from you HAVE to see it lol. Have a fabulous time in Canada and tell us all about it when you get back. I hope Fiance will be ok without you :-)
Lots of love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

I still hate you

:p

(love you really I suppose)

LMS

xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he'll be ok, friends with God Daughter are moving into their house this week so he'll be up there!!

Don't hate me too much LMS, you'll get there one day!! It's took me this long lol

Baby Sis
xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I hope Mr Messy gets on OK with the optician. Just make sure he takes some sunglasses and does as he's told by the optician and it'll be fine. I get it done up to a couple of times a year - optician and hospital - annoying but necessary.

Baby Bro.


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006