Monday 22 September 2008

Sunday - Returning home alone

On Sunday morning we had our HUGE breakfast at the B&B, which neither of us even made a dent on!! Then we stayed in the room until it was time to check out, mostly because it had free internet access and LMS's internet at the cottage won't be ready for another 10 working days!! Then we went back to the cottage and finished emptying boxes and bags and LMS made a shopping list of stuff she could do with having (while Mum was here to pay!!). I'd also decided to buy them a cheap microwave for the house (less than £25 for a simple one!!) as a housewarming treat - and because LMS likes baked potatoes and it will be considerably cheaper to make them in the mircrowave rather than the oven!! We also bought her a large set of bookshelves as her room has very little storage space.

When we got back to the cottage we got her male housemate to carry the bookshelves in for us :-) LMS unpacked the microwave and she and another housemate oohed and aaahed over it and got quite excited!! We then decided that we would all watch LMS build her first ever flat pack (the bookshelves)!! She was rescued by the arrival of one of the housemates Dad's who builds flatpacks for a living!! His face was a picture when he came in and saw what they were trying to do lol.

Then all of a sudden it was time for me to be dropped off at the station. LMS and housemate took me there as LMS wasn't sure of the way home from the station, but housemate is a local girl and could direct her. I was quite nervous about the journey, not having much experience of train journeys and connecting trains!! LMS assured me I would be fiiiiiiine :-) I only waited a few minutes for the train to arrive, and it was almost empty so I found a nice seat and settled down to read my book. I was on there for about three hours, so I got a lot of reading done!

I had to spend an hour at the next station waiting for my connection, but I bought a drink, found somewhere to sit and carried on reading. Its not often I get the chance to read without being interrupted, so it was a lovely treat. When I got on the next train I found myself sitting opposite to the same lady as on the last train!! We did the English thing - smiled distantly at each other and ignored each other for the rest of the journey, apart from to say goodbye lol.

I was very impressed with the guard on the train, he found a mum and young son on the train who had missed their stop. When he told them this the little boy sobbed and seemed very very scared, poor lad. The guard had a word with the driver and they made an unscheduled stop at the next station and he told them how to get back to where they should have been - what a lovely man :-) The journey was very hard, getting further and further away from LMS and missing her so much. I hope everyone around me thought the tears I was constantly fight back were because of my book!!

The nearer we got to my destination the more excited I was about seeing Mr Messy, Drama Teen and Little Prince, so I was quite disappointed that they weren't on the platform to meet me. However, as I got to the station entrance - there they were :-) I got a HUGE, clinging hug off Little Prince who kept telling me how much he'd missed me, its nice to be loved :-) But I think it also shows that he isn't as secure as he could be :-( Though he has come on in leaps and bounds, a year ago he couldn't have coped at all with Mummy being away overnight!!

We went out for tea on the way home. Little Prince decided on pasta, but as soon as it arrived he decided he didn't want pasta!! It was late and he was over excited so we just let him eat what he could and fed him bits of our meals.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006