Tuesday 14 October 2008

Monday's Stuff

I had to wake Little Prince up this morning! Which was a bit of a shock as he is normally awake well before I am!! Both children got ready for school as normal, but Little Prince didn't go straight to school. He had to go to the local medical centre for a TB test first, due to the fact that on filling a school admission form in I didn't know whether or not birthfamily (back to Grandparents I think) had suffered from TB. I didn't tell him until we had parked the car at the medical centre what was going on!! He seemed quite calm about it and not too worried, until we walked into the doctor's consulting room. He then clung to me and kept saying he was scared, poor lamb. The doctor used to be the school doctor for our area and knew Little Prince's school and teachers so he chatted to him about that for a few minutes to put him at ease. Little Prince cried a little when he had the actual injection, but not too much and he was ok again in seconds. We have to go back later in the week for the doctor to check the injection site and see what the results are. When we were walking back through the waiting room, one of the other children waiting to go in started to cry on seeing Little Prince holding a wad of cotton wool on his arm! We had gone in first, so I think we had the advantage!! The doctor had told Little Prince that I should get him some chocolate, but Little Prince didn't want to stop anywhere for chocolate he was in too much of a hurry to get back to school!! I took him straight back and warned his teacher to try not to let him itch the injection site, she said she would try and get him to keep his long sleeved jumper on and keep him distracted - good luck Miss!!

Drama Teen was supposed to go to the Gym at the local leisure centre (next door to her school) after school, but texted me during the day to say she couldn't be bothered. At least that meant I wouldn't have to be running around picking her up afterwards and that I could get on with tidying and de-cluttering (yes we are STILL doing it!!). I'd spoken to Mr Messy during the day and warned him that we were tidying/de-cluttering when he got home from work and he threatened to stay at work!! I told him it didn't matter what time he came home we were STILL doing the tidying/de-cluttering, so he came home at his normal time lol.

Drama Teen had been chatting to her friend (Mad Cat Lady's younger son) and agreed to sell him one of her old Gamebox Pokemon games. Apparently at 14 they are too old to be seen with Pokemon games at school, so he got his mum to bring him round to collect the game. Little Prince had a crazy hour showing off to Mad Cat Lady and Son, and only calmed down (a little!!) when they agreed to read one of LMS's Star Wars books (big picture book about making of the films) to him. That calmed him down enough that when they left I was able to get him straight in bed no trouble! I then went to the chippie, leaving Mr Messy getting on with the de-cluttering. By the time we went to bed we had got loads done, there is still stuff to do and sort out, but it can wait for another day!!

I decided that as we have so much stuff that we want to keep, and nowhere to keep it without having clutter everywhere that I'm getting in touch with my Handyman to come and floor the loft for us. It is an enormous space and already has a proper loft ladder fitted, and it will solve all our storage problems once we can use it properly. I'm beginning to think I'm nesting!! Either that or I'm trying to annoy Mr Messy so much that he sends me back to Disney to get me out of the way lol.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006