Tuesday 14 October 2008

Today's Waffling!

I had to get the children up and ready bright and early this morning as today is the day of our Spring Clean! The cleaners were supposed to be here at 8.30am but arrived about 10 minutes late (there had been a Play Mobil emergency - a sword had gone missing lol), I was getting a bit worried as I had to leave to get Little Prince to school! But they managed to get here and unload all their stuff (they bring all their own equipment) in time for me to get Little Prince to school on time. Its individual school photos today, so I had to remind Little Prince's teacher to remove his (logo'd) school jumper before the photographs. I went back home to wait for Handyman to call, he was another one who was running late this morning! I was just about to ring and check that he hadn't tried to come while I was up at school, when he arrived. He has now measure the loft and had a good poke about at the joists and insulation and knows what he has let himself for!! I am meeting him at the builder's merchants on Monday to buy all the boards he will need, but he will be able to load them straight into his big work van as they won't fit in my car! He says he isn't sure how long it will take him, as he has to take out some of the insulation first and then there could be a lot of cutting of the boards etc. I don't care I just want it done!! Now I've decided I want this job doing, I want it done yesterday!!

Once Handyman had been I took myself off out shopping, to get out of the way of the cleaners - I was feeling so guilty sat around doing nothing while they were working so hard cleaning up our mess!! First I went to a large fabric shop, supposedly to look at sewing machines (I want a new one) but they only had a couple and you couldn't try them out. But I did find the gorgeous material froma couple of posts back that I've decided will be perfect for Ethiopia MeiMei's bedroom curtains. I was disappointed that they've had a reshuffle and don't have the huge choice of coloured and patterned voiles that they used to have too, as I would have liked to buy some for when I redecorate the bathroom. There is a rail to hang curtains at the end of the room where the huge corner bath is, and I thought it would be nice to curtain it off and have a long relaxing bubble bath :-)

Then I visited a large craft shop and had two things I needed to buy - a photographic mount cutting ruler and photo album divider holder thingies. Neither of which the shop had!! I did get some other stuff that I hadn't realised I wanted until I saw it lol. Then I went to the DIY shop to look for new curtain tie back thingies and picture hooks. Once again I didn't find what I went in for, but I did buy the paint and new lights that I need to redecorate the bathroom - which I've decided is next weeks job!! I've chosen quite a bright green, but its a big, bright and airy room so it won't be too over powering, hopefully!! I wanted to buy some of the stick on wall art thingies, but they didn't have any in colours that would go with my bright green! I'll have to see how it looks once I've painted it and see if I need to find somewhere else that sells them.

Then I had no choice but to do the boring supermarket shopping. When I got home the cleaners were still hard at work, and were now sorting out our lounge. I had asked them to do that room first when they got downstairs, so that when I got Little Prince from school he could go in there and play without being in their way. I had enough time to get the shopping put away and get some parcels in the post before it was time to pick Little Prince up. When we got back he was very excited about the prospect of a clean/tidy house and went straight upstairs to check out his room :-) Drama Teen says no-one is allowed to touch her mirrored wardrobe doors as they look so great now they are thoroughly clean :-) The whole house looks fabulous :-) I'm very impressed and have booked the cleaners to come weekly now :-)

I had a phone call from our accountant who is sorting out our new Life Insurance Policy, according to the insurers we don't exist!! They can't find us on the electoral register or on the phone records!! We have to get copies of some household bills and our passports to our accountant, to prove that we aren't a figment of his imagination!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're painting the bathroom GREEN?! What kind of green!? When do you have the time or money or anything to do all this and where are you putting all the stuff in this huge bedroom/bathroom/loft reshuffle?! I refuse to sleep in a tent in the garden!!!

And if you're not careful I will start sulking about how the cottage was next on the list, and you'll not be able to afford to do it AGAIN by the time the builder gets around to it. Don't think I won't!!!

:P

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

You could at least have put a Rant Alert on that!! You know what Handyman's prices are like - ie LOW!! The stuff (loft flooring) won't cost that much as he is friend's with the owner of the Builder's Yard. And I have the receipt in front of me and the GREEN paint & lights cost £51.40!! And if I want to spend your Dad's hard earned money I will - that's my job!! He earns it and I spend it!!!
And yes the cottage is next on the list, but as it can't start till April we might as well get on with the jobs we CAN do!! We are preparing for a new arrival you know?!?!
Love you lots and lots even when you are ranting :-)
Big big hugs (((((((((()))))))))
Mummy
xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

But...but...green?!

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

What's wrong with green???
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxxx

Rosie said...

Janet,Its strange about all these dates we have in connection.Oct is the date you passed Panel and the time we sent our Papers to China.Oct has always been a favourite month of mine.Thats why I reckon its all about destiny!

Rosie said...

Green paint for a bathroom is different,but I'm sure it will all be nice.

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
Once its finished I'll post some pictures :-)
But don't hold your breath, I take ages to get things done lol.
Love
Janet
xxx

Mac said...

Janet, we're getting resdy to paint our Master bathroom/Master bedroom green. So, I fully support you and I'm secretly praying that both of our projects turn out well! lol
We are using a Laura Ashley "Olive Grove" #916. If you got to Valspar paints.com you can view it. We have white cabinets and trim, so I wanted something a little darker. I can't wait to see pics when you're done with your project:)Oh, please don't put LMS in a tent in the garden:)

Janet said...

Hi Mac,
Thank you for your 'green' support :-) I'll email you a link to our colour! I'll be starting stripping the old wallpaper next week once our student for the weekend has gone home. Perhaps I should post before/during and after photos lol.
Love
Janet
PS I won't make LMS sleep in the garden :-)


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006