Wednesday 15 October 2008

More Dossier Prep Completed

Mr Messy is working from home today, as Drama Teen has a Speech Therapy appointment that clashes with Little Prince finishing school. I took the opportunity to drag him to the photographic shop in town to get new Passport Photos done for our Ethiopian dossier. So that's another item ticked off my list :-) And our letter from the bank arrived this morning, so that's yet another item ticked off :-)

While we were there Mr Messy saw a digital photograph frame on offer, and he is currently fiddling with it so that it picks up our photos via Wifi!! Clever huh?! I also finally managed to find a shop selling the photo album sleeves with pockets that I want to use for our "photos showing family life" photos for our Ethiopian dossier. Now all I need to do is get a picture of me and Mr Messy together, that I approve of (that's the difficult bit!!) and a picture of Drama Teen playing her guitar. I already have a picture of Little Prince with Mickey Mouse and a picture of LMS showing off her Fencing Medal and even a photo of all five of us together (a very rare picture!!).

I think that once I've got the prints of the "family life" photos then I have almost finished collecting the documents I can do. I'm still waiting to hear back from Admin Lady at our LA about two letters they have to supply (on top of the homestudy etc), but I don't think she will get back to me until she has got the letter from the Agency Decision Maker (hopefully confirming Panel's recommendation that we are approved to adopt from Ethiopia!). Once she's let me know she's got that letter then I'll be pestering for the rest of the stuff I need from her!! I want to get it all off to the Notary as soon as possible to get the ball rolling!! Impatient or what lol?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed you get to the notary soon Love S XXX

Janet said...

Hi S,
Thank you, I've got my fingers crossed too!
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006