Sunday 26 October 2008

Sooooo Busy!

I decided, in my infinite wisdom (ha!!) that I wasn't stressed enough with gathering our Ethiopian dossier together and that I should ADD to that stress by trying to completely redecorate our bathroom less than a week before half term starts!! I have called myself every name under the sun this week - what on EARTH was I thinking?!?! Well anyway that's where I've been all week - in the bathroom lol. I stripped all the icky wallpaper, which wasn't too hard as most of it just fell off in my hands!! Then I filled all the holes, and sanded them as flat as I could. Then I painted it. Well me, Handyman and Drama Teen painted it on Friday. It is now the brightest green I have ever seen - what on EARTH was I thinking?!?! I'm not sure I chose the right colour!!! It looks a bit better now that Mr Messy has got the new lights up, and I presume it will look even better once the mirror is back up! I hope so anyway!!!

And have I had a life outside the bathroom these past few days?? Well a little, yes!!

On Wednesday me and Mr Messy dropped Little Prince off at school and then drove to the Graphic Designers armed with their completed questionnaire about how we see the business's image and our mood boards. We spent a good couple of hours with them and I think they will do a fantastic job of capturing the 'mood' of Mr Messy's future photographic company. On the way home we passed an outlet shopping centre, but I couldn't persuade Mr Messy to stop and check it out!! I threatened to sulk all the way home (over 2 hours!) but even that didn't change his mind. I didn't sulk and we spent the journey chatting about the future business and both of us agreed that it feels a LOT more real now that we have signed the contract with the Graphic Designers! Which makes it a whole lot more scary too!! We aren't playing at this any more, it is really happening!! Eeek!! In the evening me, Mr Messy and Little Prince went shopping to get Mr Messy a smart-casual outfit, ready for the wedding reception he is photographing this weekend. We also stopped off at a pizza place for our tea, as after all the travelling we had done we were both too tired to cook. Little Prince seemed to enjoy the undivided attention from Mummy and Daddy :-)

On Thursday I was stuck in the bathroom all day. I shouted at Handyman I was so fed up, he just laughed at me and said he can see why Mr Messy works long hours!! Cheeky!!! In the early evening Handyman had arranged for a bricklayer to come round and look at our disintegrating chimney bricks, he was here while I was supposed to take Little Prince to his swimming lesson, and Little Prince was cross with me that we had to miss it. However, after talking to the bricklayer it sounds like it was more important to sort the chimney out! There is more to the job than just replaced a few bricks! There always is in this house!! There has been a problem with the flashing for quite some time, which has allowed rain to get in, which is why the bricks had disintegrated. We need the flashing replacing and the chimney stack rebuilding before Winter sets in and the weather gets any worse! We have, apparently been very lucky that the water damage hasn't spread further and affected Drama Teen's bedroom walls, which are directly under that part of the chimney!! The Bricklayer quoted an extremely reasonable price (which includes him purchasing the bricks) and he can start work next weekend :-) Phew crisis averted :-)


On Friday I took Little Prince to his swimming lesson, leaving Handyman and Drama Teen painting. Little Prince's lesson went really well, but then the teacher signalled me to come to the side of the pool. Little Prince had developed a rash on his side. He has been complaining that his side hurt for the past few days, but there has been nothing obvious there. However, now he has come out in a red, spotty rash, he says it is sore but not scratchy. He was happy to carry on swimming and his teacher was happy for him to continue, so he finished his lesson. I checked the rash when I was helping him get changed after the lesson and it was quite prominent and Little Prince complained when I dried him there. Why do kids always come out with this sort of thing on a Friday evening AFTER the doctor's has shut?!?! I'll ring the doctor on Monday morning and get Little Prince checked out. But I've saved the BESTEST news till last - LMS has come home for the weekend :-) She does have an ulterior motive - she wants me to take her shopping for a business suit for her upcoming Disney interview, and of course that means I'll be paying!! But who cares she's home :-) We didn't tell Little Prince she was coming, so he was shocked and thrilled to see the 'present' Daddy brought him when he came home from work :-) Little Prince insisted that LMS take him to bed and read his bedtime story, he really misses her when she is at university.


On Saturday Mr Messy got up early and went to the DIY shop to get some more supplies for finishing the bathroom. When he got back me and LMS went out suit shopping. We went to a huge outlet centre and spent all day there! I thought finding a suit would be easy as LMS is such a tiny size, I thought there would be so few people that size there would be loads of things to chose from on the racks. Unfortunately there were very few things in her size!! Then we found out that the shop didn't have a changing room and there was no way I was buying three different trouser suits just so that she could try them on. We found a mirror in the shop and LMS tried on the jackets to the suits, and there was only one that fitted nicely, so that narrowed it down! We bought that suit and then went off to find a blouse to go under it. That took FOREVER!! All the blouses we found were either quite low cut, or see through - neither of which looks good for a business interview, especially for a company like Disney which insists on a wholesome/natural look. We eventually found one, and set off for home. Then we got a phone call from Drama Teen asking us if we could buy her some ribbon and some hairspray! The ribbon was to use as ankle straps on the shoes she wants to wear to go to the wedding reception as her Dad's photographing assistant and the hairspray was to do her hair!! We thought buying the suit and blouse was difficult, but finding ribbon and hairspray was even harder!! Thankfully we did eventually complete our mission!!


Once we got back home I helped Mr Messy get his camera gear together and helped Drama Teen turn herself into a sophisticated and beautiful young lady, who looked WAY older than 14!! We waved them off and wished them luck, I hope it goes well for them. AFter tea Little Prince wanted me to take him to bed, despite being told it was his last chance for LMS to take him for a while. Once he was settled in we got our laptops out and had a quiet evening listening to music and relaxing on the internet. Mr Messy and Drama Teen didn't get get home until Midnight, they were both extremely tired but happy that they had done a good job photographing the wedding reception.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006