Tuesday 21 October 2008

Tuesday's Tales

I was a little annoyed this morning as our new cleaning company was supposed to arrive at 8.30am, which fits in perfectly as this means that I still have time to take Little Prince to school on his scooter. However, this morning, they didn't arrive until 8.45am which meant we were forced to drive to school to avoid being late. After school I had to drive over to the big village nearby to get some cash out of the bank, ready to pay Handyman who is starting work flooring our loft today. By the time I got back Handyman had arrived and he has spent all day lugging 49 huge sheets of loft flooring upstairs and into the loft! I felt sorry for him and made him some bacon butties for lunch, I think he appreciated the break even more than the food lol. We also chatted about my bathroom decorating plans, and he said he would show me how to do the filling and other preparation jobs before I start slapping on the paint. While we were up there deciding what needed to be done I happened to mention the sink that has been blocked for YEARS. It is a double basin, and Mr Messy has tried all sorts to unblock it and nothing has worked. We think that Drama Teen and Cat Lady's son dropped a lid or something down there when they used to make potions! Anyway when I mentioned the blocked sink to Handyman he took off the decorative cover to the waste pipes and had it unblocked within minutes!! Yeah we have two sinks again, that should make getting ready in the mornings easier as we won't be fighting over one sink :-)

Handyman then went back to hauling the new flooring into the loft. He called me up there after he had enough floor laid (but not fixed yet) to make it safe to walk about. We have a problem with one of the chimneys, some of the bricks have totally disintegrated and there is a dead pigeon in there too!! Urgh!!! I'll have to see if our brickie is up to working again yet, and if he isn't find another one who is willing to do such a small job - its literally only replacing five or six bricks! Why is it that whatever job we do around this house, leads to tonnes more!! That's the problem with living in such an old house I suppose!!

When Little Prince and Drama Teen were home from school I nipped to the Post Office to post some CDs of photographs of Mr Messy's. When I got back Drama Teen was lay on the sofa saying she felt very tired and she fell quite quickly to sleep. As soon as Handyman had finished for the evening I sent her up to bed, she had been feeling ill earlier in the day so its probably best that she gets some proper rest rather than lie scrunched up on the sofa. Little Prince has been playing on the Star Wars game on the Wii and is thrilled with himself that he has managed to finish some of the levels all by himself with no help. He does want LMS to come home and help him though!

Tonight me and Mr Messy have to finish preparing for our meeting with the Graphic Designers (who are going to design Mr Messy's photographic business' logo/graphics/website etc). I have to find photographers websites that appeal to me, and make notes of what I like/don't like about the sites. I also want to get the bathroom wallpaper stripped as much as I can, as Handyman has said he will get the ceiling painted for me tomorrow while he is here. And the kids break up for half term on Friday, so I want it finished (or as near as I can) before the holidays!!

I almost forgot, Drama Teen was supposed to go back to the Fracture Clinic today for a check up. The trouble is Mr Messy took her last time and made her appointment at a time that meant I wouldn't have been able to be there to pick Little Prince up from school. I only realised this morning that everything clashed and it was too late to make alternative arrangements for Little Prince, so in the end I postponed her check up until next week. I negotiated a different time that would work much better with Little Prince's school finishing time, and then realised that both kids are at home on half term anyway lol. Because I'd changed the appointment it meant that Drama Teen would be in school for her PE lesson, but she had left her PE kit at home. That meant another trip to the nearby big village, I think my car will be able to drive there itself soon!!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

janet,thanks for the Ethiopian links.Adoptions from Ethiopia have doubled from the US in last few years! I think more Americans will be going there now,get that application done asap! You know what its like for us Brits..we get forgotten about.

Rosie said...

I didn't realise you had another blog!!

Anonymous said...

Pfft! Yesterday I ring up and someone's on the phone, and today I ring up and no-ones there! Diiiisgraceful.

:P

LMS
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006