Monday 5 January 2009

I'm still here!!!!

We've had a manically busy Christmas with visitors from the US and Germany on top of the normal friends and family visitors. Mr Messy has done a number of photo shoots one full day one with the girls where he booked a hair and make up lady in to help out. Another with my sister, hubby and four kids, one of whom did NOT want her photo taken (although he thinks he's captured her in a few lol)! The photographs from the wedding he shot just before Christmas have needed to be edited and sorted out. And he also had to make a couple of trips to his office over the holidays (despite the fact he was supposed to be working from home). The girls and Fraulein have had a full diary of social engagements that sometimes needed us to ferry them around, and we tried to show LMS's American friend some touristy places too, which included a full day trip for Mr Messy, LMS and Friend to her University Town and to a nearby castle. What is it about American's and castles lol?!?!

Little Prince has found the constant to-ing and fro-ing and chaotic lack of routines very very hard to cope with and has been getting increasingly wound up over the holidays. I love having all the children home for the holidays, but I think Little Prince is more than ready to get back to school and some normal routines. He has had quite a number of tantrums where he has got completely out of control, he hasn't realised it until afterwards (and has been so very very sorry, poor lad) that he was causing actual injuries to me. The usual calming techniques I use haven't been as useful as normal, and it has taken a lot of hard work and patience to calm him down again. Hopefully being back at school and in normal, everyday routines will help and his behaviour won't continue to escalate.

I've also been very (EXTREMELY) distracted by the fact that our Ethiopian dossier arrived back at the DCSF the day after they closed for their Christmas break. It meant two whole, very long weeks not knowing if our papers had arrived safely and it despite my best efforts to concentrate on other things, it has been gnawing away at the back of my mind the whole time.

So it hasn't been the most relaxing of Christmases. But we have all had a great time nonetheless. Little Prince was thrilled with all of his presents and our house looked like a Toys R Us bomb had exploded on Christmas Day!! LMS had enjoyed having her friend visit, although she may have been hoping he was a complete loser or too geeky, as she now has an even bigger 'thing' for him. He was a lovely, charming young man and tall, dark and handsome to boot! Poor LMS :-( All is not lost as she is visiting him in the States after her stint at Disney World finishes this Summer, and she is already counting down to then!!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Christmas can be stressful.We were forunate as we had a lovely trip to the Isle of Skye and a wonderful Christmas.The boys have been great and I know how you feel when things can get on top of us.I'm sure that once the dossier is on its way and everything will settle and be ok.

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
Thankfully despite being manically busy it wasn't too stressful a Christmas really :-) Although I am looking forward to a few quiet days once everyone is back at school/university/work. Then again once I've been alone for a few days I'll be missing everyone lol.
Glad you had a lovely holiday in the Isle of Skye :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Rosie said...

Skye was great.Its nice to be back to a routine though and have time to myself aswell.I'm really enjoying my job and our profits have gone up since I started!!! Maybe I've helped? Anyway makes me feel more confident,just need to pass my driving test!!
Hopefully you'll have everything sorted this year and might be going next year for your baby?
I just know that 2011 will be the earliest we will be going to China.I think 2012 is the most realistic date for us.Hard,yes but reality bites ....anyway little fella is doing well this year..phew and maybe it will all work out for the best in the end.HUGS.

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
I love going on holiday too, but I also love coming home and getting back to normal lol. It sounds like you are doing great in your new job :-) I'm sure you'll pass your driving test soon :-)
Once our papers (finally!) get to Ethiopia we will probably receive a referral quite quickly and will be home with our new little one early this year sometime! I'm so sorry to hear how hard the China wait is, big hugs ((((())))))) Hang on in there, it will happen.
Lots of love
Janet


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006