Thursday 8 January 2009

Injections!

I absolutely HATE and DETEST having injections, but I know I have to have some for travelling to Ethiopia. I checked with our GP surgery and they got back to me yesterday, they were recommending LOADS of jabs!!! And on top of that I have to pay for them to stab me with loads of needles!! Urgh!!!! One of Mr Messy's colleagues is married to a nurse in a Travel Clinic so she and I chatted and she is sending me a list of her recommendations, and it wasn't quite as many as our surgery had said, so that's a little better!! I'll have to be big and brave and get it over and done with soon, to make sure I have time to get them all done in time!! Its quite surreal and doesn't feel 100% real that we will be adopting our little one soon, but it is getting closer and closer and I will have to start getting on with all the jobs (and jabs lol) I keep putting off!!! Once LMS had gone back to University properly next week I'll be starting redecorating her room, ready for Little Prince to move in! Me and her had a whale of a time yesterday finding lots more bits and bobs for the redecorating project :-) I hope he likes it!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be fine, don't think of the injections - think of it as just another step in getting your daughter, just like the home study and panel etc!!

Love
Baby Sis
xxx

Janet said...

Hi Baby Sis,
Sounds like a good way to view it! I've booked myself in for next Tuesday evening - can you come and hold my hand?!?!
Love
Me
xxxx

Anonymous said...

If your baby bro can deal with several injections a day then you should be able to deal with a few over the course of a few weeks.
You must be able to you're my big sis!

Baby Bro

Janet said...

Hi Baby Bro,
I know I SHOULD be able to deal with them, but I'm still scared and I don't think they'll let me have EMLA cream!!!
Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

Just dont look!!!!!!!!!! Always get a nurse we are far better than doctors they do hurt!

S

Janet said...

Hi S,
I never look!! Urgh when I've tried that I've fainted!! I'll just have to try and be big and brave and I'll only cry a little!! I'll also have to make sure the kids don't see how scared I am, as then they wont' want to have theirs done!!
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006