Friday 16 January 2009

Makeover Day!

Do any of you watch makeover programmes, like the ones presented by Trinny and Suzanna or Gok Wan? I love watching them and have always hankered after trying it out myself, but am way too private to ever bare my soul (or anything else!!) on TV. So when I found a place doing colour analysis and style advice in a nearby village I decided to have a go. I had got a session booked before Christmas, but it was the day I broke my toe and I was in no fit state to go anywhere! So I've been waiting a looooong time for this, and yesterday was finally the day.

I was so nervous before I went, even crying at Mr Messy that they would take one look at me and say they can't help fat blobs. He calmed me down and pushed me out the door anyway!! The woman doing the analysis and styling was lovely, and I was the only one referring to myself as fat. She pointed out my good points, which I hadn't even known I had!! She is also a life coach, so she gave me plenty of pep talks throughout the day and I feel a lot more positive and have a clearer idea of how to go about losing weight (the MAJOR thing bothering me about myself).

Anyway the colour analysis consisted of me sitting in front of a mirror draped in a white cape (like you wear at the hairdressers). Different swatches of material were then put near my face to see what suited me and what didn't. There were so many different swatches that this took nearly all morning!! And in the end it turns out I suit soft Summer colours and to my total surprise PINK!!! I have very rosy cheeks and totally avoid wearing pinks, but quite a lot of the colours that really looked good were pink or colours with pink undertones!! The stylist then worked out my "wow" colours! I thought this was going to take just as long, but it was much quicker and I'm encouraged to wear blues and pinks. Still can't get over the pink lol. She also put make up on me, to show me what sort of colours will work for me and even though I never ever wear make up, I was quite impressed with the results! I'll have to buy some!!!

I went into the village for some lunch and then returned for the afternoon style session. This made me feel quite uncomfortable as the stylist studied me and looked at me, not something I like people to do!! I prefer to fade into the background and not stand out!! I felt very "under the spotlight" and as I said, uncomfortable. Anyway I have been told I have a rounded top half and square bottom halfand that my personality is a "Natural type." The stylist suggested I wear softly tailored clothes, not frilly frou-frou things and not formal suit-like things either, and definitely not dramatic "in your face" outfits lol. She went into loads of detail about what style tops, trousers, skirts, shoes, coats even jewellery I should go for. I can't remember much of what she told me lol, but luckily she will send me a file in the next couple of weeks with all the information in it. Then I'll have to go shopping :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

More shopping! Can Mr Messy's credit card handle all of this.

Hope it did manage to make you feel good (or better) about yourself.

Baby Bro.

Janet said...

Hi Baby Bro,
lol course it can :-) I never go too silly and there's still loads of sales on!!
I've got much more of an idea of what to look for when I do go shopping now, which will make me feel a lot better :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

suzanne said...

Mm yes lots of yummy clothes to go with the new handbag!!!

Love S

Janet said...

Hi S,
But of course!! Besides I'd look pretty silly going out just wearing my new handbag lol.
Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

Those pep talks must of been good if you are now that confident to go out with just a handbag :) Just kidding
Hugs S

Janet said...

lol in this weather you've got to be joking!!! Me and Mr Messy are down your way tomorrow at a photographers exhibition. Hope its warmer than it is here!!
Love
Janet
xxxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006