Wednesday 14 January 2009

Shopping Day :-)

I have been feeling a bit down (combination of fed up with DCSF delays and recovering from Little Prince's behaviour at Christmas and being woken up at 3am to comfort Little Prince after a bad dream) so when my friend Post Lady called yesterday morning and said did I want to go shopping in five minutes I leapt at the chance! It was much better than veg-ing out on the sofa watching cr*ppy daytime tv lol. We went to a local outlet shopping centre and I looked for a new handbag, I got my current one as a Christmas present in 2007 and its looking a bit tired, and I'm bored with it lol. I saw a few I liked as we mooched round the shops, but nothing that screamed "Buy me, buy me" so I kept looking. We had lunch at a pub next to the shops and were both very restrained in our food choices and didn't get dessert - perhaps I will have lost weight at Weight Watchers tonight!! We wandered slowly back towards the car and in the first shop we'd been in I found THE BAG :-) It has lots of seperate pockets, is really soft leather and was perfect :-) AND it was in the sale too :-) After that it was still a bit early to set off back to pick the children up from school, so we sat in a coffee shop chatting for ages. She listened while I offloaded all my worries and fears about Little Princes's behaviour, and didn't once say "All little boys are like that" because she knows him and realises he does have issues. She was calm and sympathetic and kept telling me what a good job I am doing. I couldn't believe how much better this made me feel!! Most people tell me that "All little boys are like that" probably to make me feel better, but it doesn't!! If all little boys are like that, why am I finding it so much harder to cope than other mothers of little boys?!

This morning (after a full nights sleep) I feel so much better and brighter :-) Isn't it amazing what a new handbag and offloading your worries to a sympathetic friend can do :-) I've already got so much done this morning and its not even 11am!!

I'm even feeling positive about having had the first (of MANY!!) injections ready for travelling to Ethiopia!! I have three more appointments over the next couple of months and then one booster in 12 months time and I'm done!! I warned the nurse when I arrived at the clinic how much I hate injections and she was very kind and gentle and took very good care of me :-) Afterwards it did take her and the receptionist a LONG time to sort out the appointments for me, Mr Messy and Little Prince to have all our injections - its so complicated lol. When I got back I reassured Little Prince that it wasn't as bad as when he had his BCG and he is feeling a little better about going. Although he was asking if he HAD to go to Ethiopia, when I said yes he did he said I had to find out what he could do when he was there!! I've told him to talk to his friend with the Ethiopian Mum, as they have just been to visit family in Ethiopia!!

Now off to get some more jobs done, including booking Little Prince's birthday party. I can't believe my little man is almost SIX!!! Wow where did the time go?!?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Janet...hope the DCSF saga is over soon. And try not to listen to the patronising people who say all boys are the same! You are doing great. Glad to hear you are feeling better today, enjoy the new handbag and be brave for the injections!
love WL xx

Janet said...

Hi WL,
I'll be pestering the DCSF again next week, and every week till they get our dossier sent off lol!! Most of the time I ignore the 'all boys are the same' brigade, but when I'm a bit down I let it get to me. I'm feeling lots more positive now and still loving my new handbag :-) I'm even feeling brave about my injections, probably because the next one isn't till next week lol - by then I'll be all scared and worried again!!
How is your application process going??
Love
Janet
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi J,
Still waiting on both sides for us...our papers are prob having a nice convo with yours at the DCSF ;-)...and still dunno about being expedited yet! Will let you know when we find out!

Hey Janet been meaning to ask if you are on Facebook? Come see my photos!
love WL xxx

Anonymous said...

J I am glad the handbag made you feel a bit better plus the talk with a good friend.

WL BLAS dealt with our expedited request, and checked with the CCAA and got ours recognised so try this route and have faith in them. Ms Wong is proof! plus they recently helped get a family who were missed get expedited and a referral in the next batch. PM me if you want o XXX

Anonymous said...

Hey WL,

Mum isn't on facebook but me, Dad and Sister are, if you add one of us then we can show Mum your pictures :)

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

Hi WL,
Perhaps we should get our papers to gang up on the DCSF and get them to sort themselves out and put stuff in the post!!!! How hard can it be?!?!
LMS has answered your Facebook question, so I'll leave you both to sort that out!!! Way too complicated for me!!
Lots of love
Janet
xxx

Janet said...

Hi S,
My handbag is still making me happy lol. Little things amuse me obviously :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad, since I'm only a little thing :P

LMS
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006