Friday 16 January 2009

School

I went to pick Little Prince up from school today, and when his class started to come out of their door and he wasn't there in front I began to wonder why! The teacher walked out last, with three boys including Little Prince - she then lined them up against the wall outside their door and beckoned me over!! Uh oh!!! It appears that Little Prince's wild behaviour since Christmas isn't calming down and could even be escalating! He has been fighting and being silly during most playtimes and the behaviour has started spilling into the classroom too. Earlier in the week he told me he had spent time in his previous class after a fighting incident, so I wasn't overly surprised! The teacher has now decided that he will be having a behaviour chart (stickers to earn extra lego playing time each day) and that we will review it in a couple of weeks time. She also agreed that if they don't see improvements soon then we might have to get back in touch with his peadiatrician for more advice and support.

I talked to Little Prince on the way home and he says he is behaving like that because he doesn't like school any more and the work is too hard! I tried to point out that he finds his reading and his spellings easy and he did agree with that, but he says his sums are too hard! He has always been very good at maths, so I was very surprised to hear this! I think I'll have to talk to his teacher next week and see if the work expected of him has made a sudden jump in difficulty??

I tried to talk to Mr Messy about all of this but ended up putting the phone down on him!! All he seemed interested in was if the other boys were being given behaviour charts too!! I don't care!! They aren't my children and I don't have to deal with their behaviour - all I'm interested in is how to support Little Prince and help him deal with school in a more appropriate manner!! Urgh!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,

Don't get to wound up with Mr Messy it will only get LP more upset. School are only tring to get the best for all the children in the class. You are doing the best you can for LP so keep it up. YOU ARE DOING GREAT. Listen to everyone.

Little sis

Janet said...

Hi Little Sis,
I know I shouldn't get so worked up with him and I try not to, honest! I just needed him to listen and not to butt in with irrelevant questions!!
We'll have plenty of time to chat and sort it all out tomorrow as we are at a photographers exhibition together. LMS is home to look after Little Prince - good luck to her the way he's behaving though!!!
Lots of love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006