Monday 9 February 2009

Spoke to the DCSF!!

I've just made my weekly phone call to the DCSF. The lady I spoke to was (as they mostly are) very sympathetic and helpful. She checked where we were in the queue and since 19th January (three weeks ago) we have moved 18 places to number 9 in the queue. I suppose this is progress, but it is so painfully slow. She said she hoped we would only have to wait another 2-3 weeks (3 weeks takes us to 2nd March), which is what they say every week!! So the time frame is slowly extending!! She said she couldn't be more exact as it depends on what the cases are like in front of me in the queue, she said she had just started working on a case that was a nightmare to do! I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that the other 8 dossiers in front of me are simple, straighforward cases and that we can all get our papers out to our chosen countries SOON!!!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I'm surprised there are any dossiers!!! ICA is a nightmare

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
I know what you mean! And the number of applications keeps dropping lower and lower - so what do DCSF staff actually do??? I wish I knew!!!
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006