Monday 9 February 2009

THREE years!!!!!!

I realised today that it is OVER THREE YEARS since we started the process to adopt!! THREE YEARS?!?!?!?! I can't believe its taken so long!! I can't believe that we got caught up in the hugest slowdown in China adoptions EVER!! I am honestly happy that less children are being abandoned and that many more of these children are finding homes in China, I truly believe that it is in the child's best interest to be kept in their home country if at all possible. But one of the reasons we chose to apply to adopt from China in the first place was the stability and predictability of the programme lol. We decided not to apply to adopt domestically again as we felt that would be so much more unpredictable, and we would have no idea when/if we would be matched!! Hahahaha!! So much for hindsight!! If we had our time over, I think we would have gone down the domestic adoption application again, after all we adopted our FANTASTIC Little Prince that way :-) And he couldn't be more perfect for us :-) I am sure that once Ethiopia MeiMei is home with us, that the pain and stress of both persuading our LA to let us change our application from China and the wait for DCSF to send our papers will fade away. I am totally sure she will be worth it, but I just wish we didn't have to wait so long :-(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She will be worth it. When you see the picture of your daughters face for the first time L), you will never forget the difficult journey but it wont be so significant. Her journey to you will also of been hard:)

Any news from Darlinton???????? Our poor friends have been waiting since last spring and are now only at the Chinese consulate ( now things are beginning to expire!) What is wrong with them????????
Did LP enjoy the snow????
Love S

Janet said...

Hi S,
I know that it will all be worth it when we see little one's face, but this bit is just so hard! I have no idea how you stayed sane while you were being skipped by CCAA all those times!!!
DCSF now say 2-3 weeks (last week they said 2 weeks!!) and it all depends on how complicated the cases in front of us in the queue are. I hope your friends manage to get their papers sent out soon, the messing about by DCSF is just so frustrating!!!
Little Prince loved the snow, although he is getting a bit fed up with it now lol. Loved the pictures of your Snow Princess - gorgeous :-)
Lots of love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

Life can be so unpredictable can't it?? And how much longer can the DCSF be with your papers, I hope we aren't the complex case holding things up!

So funny about your repetitive game of mahjong, how are you getting worse at it lol!

love WL xx

Janet said...

Hi WL,
I did wonder if you were the complicated case lol :-) And apparently the DCSF can be "2-3 weeks" longer with our case indefinately!!! Its like a horrible Groundhog Day!!!
And I have absolutely how on earth I could have got worse at the Mahjong game I was playing, when I was playing the same game over and over lol. I'm like a stick of rock - the blonde goes all the way through!!!
Love
Janet
xxx

Janet said...

PS
I'm just going to claim that the DCSF have driven me insane and that's how I can get worse at Mahjong!!!
Love
Janet
xxx

Rosie said...

Its four years for us next month!!!!!!!!!

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
Its unbelievable isn't it?!?
Big hugs
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006