Friday 1 October 2010

Friday

Mr Messy works from home on Fridays so he got up and got Little Prince ready for school and dropped him off before going and waiting in OUR shop for the furniture to be delivered. I got up later and me and Princess Lollipop went to buy a sofa for OUR shop, me and Mr Messy had already chosen it from a nearby factory shop. Its a brown leather, three seater in a distressed/nubuck leather. Luckily they had one in stock and I was able to arrange delivery for next Monday :-)

Then me and Princess Lollipop called at the supermarket to exchange Little Prince's Halloween costume for the next size, which was very straight forward and only took a few moments. The next job was to get some new contact lens solution, as I've completely run out. I normally go to a different opticians but have had my eyes tested at the supermarket optician and as soon as I've run out of my existing lenses I'll be ordering from the supermarket. The optician was a complete jobsworth, and said due to health and safety (isn't it always!?!?!) he wouldn't be able to tell me which was their equivalent to my usual solutions, I'd have to go back to my old optician!!! How stupid!! I don't have time to visit there at the moment, and besides their contact lens department is up a steep flight of stairs which is difficult with Princess Lollipop!! So now I can't wear my lenses until I can find the time to get over to the original opticians!! I'm extremely peeved!! Especially as its raining and I keep having to clean off my glasses!!! Urgh!!! We did manage to get the other bits of shopping done that I'd forgotten yesterday - a present for a birthday party Little Prince is attending this weekend! And also some nice board books and a couple of wooden toys for in OUR shop :-)

While we were shopping I got a text from Mr Messy to say that OUR shop furniture had been delivered! So instead of going to the other shop I was considering visiting, we drove straight round to OUR shop. The furniture looks FANTASTIC :-) Although I'm not sure the cupboard is big enough! We'll have to wait and see once we've got the sofa on Monday and the other bits and pieces from Mad Cat Lady. I'm really excited that we've reached this bit of getting OUR shop ready, this is the bit I've been looking forward to - getting all the bits and pieces to decorate it :-) I'm going to get ornaments/decorations in Autumn colours this time, and then as it gets closer to Christmas change to a more Chrismassy style and keep changing the decorations for each season/holiday.

Me and Princess Lollipop chatted to Mr Messy in the shop for a while, before we returned home so that Princess Lollipop could have her nap. I was hoping she'd only have a short nap, so that we could go up to church for Little Prince's school's Harvest Service. However, she must have been really tired and has slept for ages! I hope Little Prince isn't too upset that we weren't there!!

Well Little Prince wasn't upset, he was devestated :-( Most of the children went straight home from the Harvest Service with their parents, and only 7 children went back to school. Little Prince was so scared that I wasn't going to come and collect him :-( I feel so sad and guilty that I hadn't realised that would happen and gone and collected him earlier :-( Poor little lad :-( He was still hyped up when I took him for his swimming lesson, and his teacher noticed how much more active he was tonight! She was laughing saying she didn't think he'd ever get to sleep and that I deserved a huge cup of tea!!

During the evening Drama Teen got some more ironing done, probably because she is going shopping tomorrow and wanted more money to spend lol. She also did a tonne of photo editing work for Mr Messy, which she is being paid for - with a pair of green Converse pumps she has been wanting for ages!! Bribery and corruption - works every time lol. So that meant me and Mr Messy could have a slightly more relaxed evening together, which was lovely :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006