Wednesday 6 October 2010

School Trip

Little Prince was off on a school trip today to a Viking Museum and an archaeological resource centre. He was more excited about going to J's house after school tonight though!! By the time Mr Messy got up Little Prince had started to pack his own lunch box (although Mr Messy thought he needed some more variety than 4 cheese strings and some fruit flakes!!). He rode up to school on his scooter with his Dad who waved him off on the coach and then came home. I had just started bathing Princess Lollipop so Mr Messy helped keep her calm and distracted while I combed her hair through, she hates it and sobs all the way through the combing even though I only do it when her hair is soaked in conditioner (and its even conditioner specially formulated for black hair). Once she was finished Mr Messy took her for her breakfast and to get her dressed so that I could get ready in peace, which is much easier than trying to stop Princess Lollipop grabbing everything in my room while I'm trying to get dressed lol.

Once we were all ready we went off to the home decorating shop to get things for OUR shop. Mr Messy wasn't very co-operative and kept vetoing my choices, which got very irritating!! Anyone would think it was his shop!!! We eventually agreed on which ornaments and cushions to get and picked out some other bits and bobs and set off to deliver them to OUR shop. We were just unpacking the car when we got a couple of customers coming in :-) One lady had a daughter the same age as Princess Lollipop and they looked very similar too, apparently the lady is originally from Kenya. It turns out we had met before in a local National Trust like property when Little Prince and the lady's son played together and found it funny that they had sisters who looked alike (both in the same style & colour coat and both with lots of gorgeous curls). Another lady wanted to book a shoot with her 5 week old son, awww cute :-)

Mr Messy plonked the new ornaments down all haphazardly and I had to rearrange them nicely :-) Then I had to go round OUR shop and pick up all the mess Mr Messy had left lying around when they were in at weekend!! He really does live up to his name!!! After that we went to chat to our friend in the children's designer clothes boutique, and we called in at the florist next door to place an order for some flowers for Saturday's opening :-) We told them we wanted Autumn colours, fairly modern and left the design up to them - I can't wait to see it. We also said that this would be a regular weekly order and that we'd collect on Saturdays. I noticed they had a lovely decorated wicker wreath hanging in the door, and when Princess Lollipop isn't so desperate for her lunch I'll be back in to order one of those too.

The first two places we tried for lunch were full, so we ended up in the large pub, Mr Messy wasn't that keen as he hasn't eaten in there for a long time. I assured him that it was different now and the food was lovely - he was pleasantly surprised :-) He had a fillet steak and jacket potato and I had a tuna/mayo ciabatta with potato wedges. Princess Lollipop shared with both of us, but wasn't really in the mood so didn't eat much. I can never get her to eat much before her afternoon nap, and that's why we didn't order her, her own meal. She fell almost straight to sleep when we got home and must have been tired as she slept through the phone ringing (loudly!!) twice.

One of the phone calls was J's Dad checking if Little Prince still wanted to go and play at their house, I imagine the answer is yes as its the first thing Little Prince mentioned this morning!! J's Dad asked if it was OK to take the boys round to their new property (an old barn they are converting to be their new house) so that the boys could run round and climb trees while J's Dad got some work done on clearing the trees. Again the answer was yes, Little Prince will LOVE that :-) And he is already in old clothes from the school trip so it won't matter when he comes home covered in mud, notice I said WHEN not IF!!! J's Dad said he would pick the boys up from school to save me having to go out, which is great as Princess Lollipop is still asleep and she'll be grumpy if I wake her up!!

When she does wake up I've got some paperwork to take round to our accountant and then some things I've sorted from the attic to take to OUR shop. I found the girl's old wicker child size sofa, it has a hinged lid so I can store Princess Lollipop's toys in there and she can sit on it to play. I found some of their old wooden cars to take up there too, the public part of the gallery has a clients toy box with "posh" toys in lol. Of course Princess Lollipop thinks all the toys are hers and scatters them all over the place :-) I also found Drama Teen's old portable dvd player which I'll take to OUR shop so that Princess Lollipop can watch a dvd every now and again too. I've just got to find Little Prince's old toddler sleeping bag so that Princess Lollipop can have her nap in the shop and I think I will have finished robbing things from home lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blue spotted one that he kicked to pieces? It's still in his wardrobe with the rest of his bedding. Unless you mean a different one :) I don't remember the wicker sofa, but I do remember the wooden cars :P Guess that shows my priorities as a child LOL Sounds like it's all going great :) I was planning on calling up sometime tomorrow, what time would be best? :)

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

Hi LMS,
Yep the blue spotted one with the kicked out zip :-) I had a poke around and I've found it, too late to take up to the shop now though. The wicker sofa is the one you used to have in your wooden play house when we lived in D, I'll take a photo when I get chance. But yes it does show your priorities that you remembered the cars and not the sofa lol.
We are off to Ikea in the morning, then Dad has a wedding consultation in the afternoon. Then in the evening we are having pizza and cake and then me and Dad are off to the supermarket to get the kitchen bits. So I'm not sure when you'll catch us, and I can't work out the time difference stuff!!!
Mummy
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oooh I remember now, I loved that wooden house :) Glad you found the sleeping bag in the end, always glad to be of assistance! :P

Well I'm 8 hours behind here, I'll be getting up at 6.15am with Boyfriend (your 2.15pm). I was hoping to catch everyone but obviously there's 1 person who's the priority. What time is the consultation? I can call before/after that? Exciting that he's got another consultation :) Hope it goes well!

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

You used to spend hours in that wooden house :-) Hopefully we'll get one for Little Prince and Princess Lollipop when we've done the garden.
The wedding consultation is at 2pm so we'll be busy around then!! You could try at about 5pm ish, so we will all be here, fingers crossed!!
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Ok 5pm it is!

I loved playing "house", having tea parties and playing with my toy sewing machine and things :) I was a lovely little housewife! Sadly I don't have the skills in real life to match ;p

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

Can't wait to talk to you later :-)
Love love love
Mummy
xxxxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006