Thursday 7 October 2010

Thursday Evening

Me and Princess Lollipop picked Little Prince up from school, he was not pleased to be told he couldn't have a friend over to play! When we got home I got a call from Mr Messy the wedding consultation went very well, the bride to be loves his photography and the whole celebration is very local - perfect :-) The bride's first question was what was the most expensive package!! She doesn't want a signature mount, but thinks the idea of a family shoot with her, her husband to be and their 9 month old baby would be perfect instead. I really hope she decides to use Mr Messy's photography services as it would be a wonderful job for him :-)

He is still waiting for his framer to arrive with more shop samples and isn't quite sure when she is due to arrive. He is going to wait for her, and then order the pizzas and then come home. I've asked him to ring the landlord to arrange for him to drop off the fireplace at OUR shop. The littlies are playing up and I could hardly hear Mr Messy when he rang, so it would be easier for him to ring the landlord than for me to do it!! Hopefully the fireplace will be right for OUR shop, as we still haven't managed to get to see it!! But at this stage we just need to get it in as soon as possible rather than be fussy, and we are getting it for an amazing price, so if we don't like it we can replace it in a few months.

Well the evening fell apart when Mr Messy arrived home! For some reason he was in a foul mood again! He snarled at Little Prince for trying to get his pizza box and when I asked him what was going on, he stormed off out of the room slamming the baby gate on his way! I stomped after him with the pizza boxes, and handed them over for him to deal with - he threw them up the hall!!! By this time both littlies were very upset and I went to calm them down and left Mr Messy to his mangled pizzas! It served him right that it was only his pizza that was ruined, everyone else's had stayed in its box! So the kids ate their tea, I didn't feel like eating and Mr Messy didn't have any pizza worth eating so we just sat and glared at each other! Once tea was over and I'd got Little Prince to bed I went out to the supermarket on my own. I thought having time apart would do us both some good! I bought the last of the bits and pieces needed to set up OUR shop - cheap vacuum cleaner, kettle, cafetiere, towels and hairdryer (for when I get caught in the rain on the way to OUR shop), plus cleaning supplies and tea, coffee, sugar and biscuits. I decided to go to OUR shop and drop everything off, including the really heavy filing cabinet, which was so hard to get into OUR shop but I was determined that it wasn't staying in my car overnight!

I had a quick look at all the new samples that have been delivered to OUR shop a box of boudoir photographs (stunning) and an acrylic block of baby pictures (again stunning). The shop just needs some more photographs on display, some unbreakable ornaments for lower down on the shelving unit (where Princess Lollipop can reach!!), the filing cabinet building, boxing in the electricity fuse box, finishing off the beading round the edge of the floor and the fireplace installing and then we are finished!! Oh I almost forgot we still need to sort out the new door furniture - letterbox, door handle and numbers, I've chosen the ones I want I just need to get them ordered and fitted!!

I decided I'd stay up and watch some of the programmes that only I'm interested in - Ghost Whisperer, Medium and Quantum Leap! All ghostly or Sci Fi stuff that everyone else poo poos! But I love them :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006