Friday 26 November 2010

Feeling Awful :-(

Last night when we went up to bed we heard Princess Lollipop crying inconsolably, I had forgotten to put the baby alarm on and she must have been crying for a while. Mr Messy took over locking the doors/turning lights off downstairs while I ran up to deal with Princess Lollipop. She was stood on our bed wailing at the top of her lungs, with a snotty nose and tears pouring down her face. She was so so upset :-( She clung to me shaking and sobbing for ages. She sobbed louder when Mr Messy tried to stroke her back, which upset him too. He muttered that he'd have "Axe Murderer" tattooed on his forehead and I snapped at him to stop being silly. Then I had to go to the bathroom to get ready for bed, with Princess Lollipop still attached to me. When we got back Mr Messy had gone downstairs, and I assumed he was cross because I'd snapped at him. Princess Lollipop had a very very disturbed night and only seemed to settle when she was hugged closely and tightly up to me. Poor little mite still has a lot of seperation issues :-( And these were exacerbated by our failure to come when she cried, I feel sooooo guilty :-(

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006