Monday, 8 November 2010


It was really hard to get out of my nice snuggly warm bed this morning! Especially as I could here how wet it was again outside :-( Princess Lollipop slept through my alarm going off, so I got to get washed and dressed without her "help" :-) A rare privilege :-) Even Little Prince didn't wake up till I was almost ready, two late nights in a row must have tired out even him!! It was pretty uneventful getting the littlies ready and getting Little Prince to school. He panicked when we parked outside school and there wasn't anyone in the playground, I explained that everyone had been let in early due to the rain and he wasn't late, but he was still a bit jittery about it!

Me and Princess Lollipop drove over to OUR shop, we parked outside the Car Garage and waited for them to open, so that I could get my "bibber" fixed. We waited until almost 9.15am and there was still no sign of it opening up, so we had to go and park nearer to OUR shop and get it opened. We had a VERY quiet day, the only visitors we had were the Postman in the morning and our Accountant in the afternoon, he came to pick up his laptop that Mr Messy had been fixing. It was cold and boring in OUR shop today :-( When Princess Lollipop woke up following her nap I put her in the buggy and we walked back to the Car Garage to ask about fixing my "bibber." It only took him a few moments to fix and he only charged me the cost of the replacement battery :-) We then walked to the corner shop to get Princess Lollipop some fruit, she had been asking for "apbit" or "nana" all morning. When we got back to OUR shop she chose to have a nana, but took one bite and then spat it all down her front!! We only had half an hour or so before it was time to tidy up, lock up and go to school to pick Little Prince up.

It was pouring down when we got to school, so I parked up and me and Princess Lollipop stayed in the car and waited there for Little Prince. When he did appear, he came with his friend J, to ask if J could come over to play. I agreed and both boys ran off to tell J's Mum. Little Prince re-appeared minutes later, minus J! Apparently J had forgotten he had already arranged to play with a different friend, which of course left Little Prince alone and very grumpy!! He refused to tell me anything about what he had done at school today and grumbled all the way home.

When we got home I noticed all the bins outside our driveway gates had been moved AND that the driveway gates were partly open! I was really worried about what could have happened, so I told the littlies to wait in the car while I took everything inside! I checked all over the house and garden but there didn't seem to be a problem anywhere. I went to get the littlies out of the car, and picked up the post on the way - which is when I found out what had happened!! We had had our heating oil delivered (the delivery note was in with the post pile) so panic over :-)

Once the littlies had eaten a snack Little Prince seemed in a much better mood :-) He and Princess Lollipop played nicely and watched some TV for a while. However, he then decided to start running round and round in circles, and despite me asking him many times to stop he wouldn't! The trouble is it made me feel really sick and in the end I had to shout at him to stop it! I spent the next few hours feeling dreadful, and had to get Drama Teen to make the littlies something to eat for tea. She immediately disappeared back upstairs, but at least they have eaten and I didn't have to make it!

Little Prince is now playing Wii Sports baseball, so at least he is getting rid of some of his excess energy without making me feel worse!! It can be so hard in the dark Wintery nights to find ways to constructively and safely use up some of his energy. The Wii can be either a Godsend or a curse, depending on Little Prince's frustration levels!! Today its being helpful :-) Having said that, now I'm not so sure!! He's set up boxing, and given a set of controls to Princess Lollipop - and thinks its hilarious to be "hitting" his sister on screen!!

No comments:


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country


Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006