Thursday, 18 November 2010


Last night was pretty rough, Princess Lollipop wriggled, called out, sat up, lay down all night! She insisted that I lie so that she could hold my hand, and I got so uncomfortable not being able to turn over. In the end I had to get up and walk round for a bit to try and loosen up all the stiffness, and then I couldn't get back to sleep properly. So when Mr Messy came in to say it was time to get up and Princess Lollipop was fast asleep, I ignored him and stayed dozing myself. When I finally did get up I felt so stiff and achy and I've had a tension headache all day :-( After Princess Lollipop and I'd both had our breakfast's I took her for her bath and hair conditioning. Unfortunately I was umm "otherwise occupied" in the bathroom when she started shouting from her bath "Uh oh! Poo poo bot-bot" once I was able to get to her, she was right!! I had to get her out of the bath, drain it, clean it and start again!! Eventually I got her bathed and her hair conditioned and combed through, but it took a lot longer than I'd planned!! When we had just about finished getting dressed when Mr Messy rang and said it was probably a little late to come over to OUR shop as Princess Lollipop would be wanting her nap pretty soon. To be honest I was relieved he'd said that as I was still feeling under the weather and having a break at home would be lovely :-)

It turned out to be lucky that we did stay at home, as not long after the Cooker Repair Man rang to say the part to fix our cooker had arrived and would it be ok to come round after lunch. Of course!! I'm fed up with take aways or pizza!! When he arrived it didn't take him very long at all to fit the new cooker element and we now have a completely working cooker again YEAH :-) Princess Lollipop fell asleep for her nap once he'd gone, and slept soundly for an hour or so.

She woke up just in time to go and get Little Prince from school, but as soon as I picked her up I noticed she was soaked through!! I had to rush around getting her cleaned up and dressed in clean dry clothes before we had to whizz over to school. Luckily we weren't late and had time to park and get in the playground before Little Prince's class came out.

Mr Messy arrived home from OUR shop not long after we did, as he had to get ready to go to a marketing event tonight. Little Prince said his toy cuddly viper was hungry so I made viper, Little Prince and Princess Lollipop an early tea. I supervised them eating as Mr Messy had to leave to go to his marketing event. Drama Teen came in and went upstairs to get on with her homework (and play on games and chat on the internet no doubt!).

My tension headache is still very uncomfortable and its not going to be helped by the crazy games Little Prince wants to play!! Either running up and down the lounge playing chase/tig with Princess Lollipop or using a stick as a wand/weapon and jumping around casting spells and blowing things up. It seems to be a mixture of Harry Potter and Star Wars - just wish it was quieter and calmer!!!

No comments:


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country


Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006