Friday 14 January 2011

Thursday

Nothing much happened in the morning, just me and Princess Lollipop pottering around getting housework done etc. Mr Messy arrived home from OUR shop early, to get ready for a fashion photoshoot, Princess Lollipop was very excited to see Daddy, but kept bursting into tears and having tantrums over the smallest thing. It was obvious she was extremely tired, so once he was ready, Mr Messy took her upstairs to get her settled down for a nap. Unfortunately he fell asleep too!! I took the opportunity to get some more sorting out done. I tidied and sorted out "Boy World" which is a part of the lounge, protected from Princess Lollipop, by a large freestanding playpen-like structure. I got rid of loads of broken bits of toys and rubbish that were in there and put all the toys back in their respective boxes. It looks so much better now, and Little Prince has so much more room to actually play in there! He has decided he wants all his Lego upstairs in his room, and as Princess Lollipop keeps reaching into "Boy World" and pinching his Lego and putting the small pieces in her mouth, I'm quite happy with that.

Mr Messy woke up in time to go out to his fashion photoshoot, and I carried on tidying and sorting in "Boy World," until I heard Princess Lollipop wake up over the baby monitor. Luckily she woke up in time for us to get ready to go and collect Little Prince from school. I was hoping she would wake herself up, as she is so grumpy if she is woken before she is ready! At school I chatted to a couple of my friends, negotiated with Little Prince about who could come and play next week! Then I remembered to send him back to pick his scooter up, all of which meant we were the very last people to leave school!

Back at home Little Prince threw a tantrum about having to take the Lego I'd found in "Boy World" to his bedroom and to having to get changed out of his school uniform! Eventually he did complete both jobs, but it was a battle! Mr Messy and Drama Teen arrived home at similar times, and not long after Mr Messy answered the phone to T's Dad asking if Little Prince had taken one of T's Lego figures. Little Prince acted strangely when asked, and so I took him up to his room to talk to him privately and to check if he had the figure in his room. I'm still not sure whether or not Little Prince took the figure, but I couldn't find it anywhere in his room or in his coat or trouser pockets. While we were in his room I took the opportunity to get it tidied up, and it looks a lot more organised now :-)

I was still in the mood for sorting and organising later in the evening when Little Prince had gone to bed, so I sorted out more of my old computer desk. Its amazing how much rubbish accumulates when you don't go through things regularly! Next I want to sort out Little Prince's computer desk, as its a mini child sized one and he's too big for it now and then he can use my old desk. Another advantage is that my desk has doors that I'll be able to close on the inevitable chaos and mess that will soon occur to the desk once Little Prince is using it! And getting rid of Little Prince's old desk will also alleviate the crowding in that part of the dining room and we'll be able to use the cupboards properly again too :-) Its all good :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006