Friday, 14 January 2011


Me and Princess Lollipop were woken early by the phone ringing, so as we were awake I decided to get organised and go over to OUR shop to see Mr Messy. It has nothing to do with the fact that my laptop needs the operating system re-installing and so I have no internet!! Princess Lollipop hardly protested at all at this morning's hair conditioning, which is a huge relief - I won't have to steel myself to get it done each time now!

I called in at our Accountant's house before going to OUR shop, to drop off some more paperwork with him. Then we went and filled up my car at the garage, and walked over to OUR shop. Princess Lollipop was so happy to be there and to see Daddy :-) After playing for a while she and Mr Messy went for a walk to the Bakery to get us all a sandwich and cake for lunch. Princess Lollipop insisted on carrying her own cake back to the shop, but as it was a gingerbread man it survived the journey!

After I'd finished lunch I left Princess Lollipop at the shop with Daddy, and went back round to our Accountant as he needed me to sign some stuff and then went home to start sorting out Little Prince's desk. I managed to get a little bit done, but not as much as I'd hoped. Hopefully this weekend I'll finish getting Little Prince's desk cleared and get rid of it, I'm dreading seeing what's underneath it given how messy Little Prince is!!

I picked Little Prince up from school and we drove straight over to the tip, to get rid of some rubbish/recycling and then drove to the swimming pool for his swimming lesson. Little Prince was extremely excited to be back at swimming, and was bouncing off the walls by the time his lesson started! Luckily his teacher is used to him and knows how to handle him! She had him swimming lengths of the pool for the first part of the lesson, encouraging him to swim two lengths without stopping. Once he had done that for 15 mins he was calmer and he was allowed to play diving for toys and jumping in. When his lesson finished he had a tantrum about having a shower and having his hair washed - he tried to lock himself in the changing room! I eventually persuaded him to stop being silly and have his hair washed. The next tantrum was over the fact that I said he had to get dried and dressed himself and I wasn't helping. He threatened to go home in his swimming trunks and towel, before finally getting ready!! Swimming lessons can be tiring for me too!!

We drove round to OUR shop to collect Princess Lollipop and then returned home. Just as we were leaving Drama Teen arrived and she and Mr Messy remained at OUR shop to tidy up, lock up and order tea from the Pizza Place. They arrived home not long after us with boxes of yummy pizzas and garlic bread with cheese.

After Little Prince had gone to bed I had a chat with LMS on Facetime, which I think is the best invention EVER (well apart from chocolate!!) as I can see and talk to my big girl while she is so far away :-) Part way through the conversation the connection dropped out, and LMS sent us a message to say her battery had died!! Once she had managed to plug her phone in and get enough charge in it, she rang up and we talked again. When we'd finished chatting I took Princess Lollipop to bed, intending to come back down and do some more sorting out. Instead I fell asleep and stayed there till morning!

No comments:


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country


Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006