Wednesday 29 June 2011

Where oh Where has my parcel gone??

I had a quiet day in the house yesterday, waiting for a parcel to be delivered. It didn't arrive! The tracking information isn't working any more and when I rang up last night all they could tell me was that it hadn't arrived!! I could have told them that, without being on hold for AGES!!! The tracking information still isn't working this morning and after waiting on hold for almost 10 minutes I gave up! I'll try ringing them again later and see if I can get through this time!

Other more cheerful news - I've been hunting on Ebay for a bargain playhouse for Princess Lollipop and I've found and bought one :-) Its not the first style I chose, but it is the reserve, and at a price I just couldn't resist! And the price includes delivery and erecting, which saves Mr Messy having to do it while he is so busy at the moment. I've just got to buy the paints now, I want really clear, candy colours (yellow, pink and green) and can't find the right shades in outdoor paint! I've tried Dulux mix your own colour, and they only seem to do exterior paint in gloss and I want matt, or satin at a pinch. I'll have to keep looking.

I've also been searching for Little Prince's trampoline and found a brand new one, less than 10 miles away and am just waiting to hear if I can collect it rather than pay for delivery. I'd need to buy a safety net for it, but its still less than half the price I was expecting to pay :-) And I've even found the rubber safety mulch I want for under the trampoline at way cheaper than I was expecting it would be :-) I'm on a roll lol

Fingers crossed that my good luck extends to my parcel arriving before I have to go to Little Prince's school Garden Party. They are having a WWII style Garden Party and all the children are dressed as children in the war would have done, Little Prince is the cutest little evacuee I've seen :-) I even got him a replica gas mask box, with a toy gas mask inside - he was thrilled :-) Until he noticed that the filter part of the mask is just open, and he did get upset saying he was going to die!! I had to remind him (a lot!!) that this was just pretend and it wasn't really the war!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006