Friday 29 July 2011

Friday

I had a nice leisurely start to the day, with no early morning errands or children to deliver, bliss :-) Drama Teen was going out with her Boyfriend to the cinema, but they were meeting each other on the bus into town, so there was no need for me to be involved in transportation. I did have a lunchtime optician's appointment, so I'd arranged to drop Princess Lollipop off with Mr Messy at OUR shop and take Little Prince with me. The Littlies are way too volatile together to have them at OUR shop for any length of time!!

I've been having difficulties with my new lenses since they were fitted last week, and driving yesterday just made it worse! I've had monster headaches (and I hardly ever get headaches!), its been almost impossible to keep both of my eyes focused at the same time and changing from focusing on something close to something far away has been really difficult too. The optician fiddled around with the strengths of the lenses and the new ones I've got now are tonnes better already :-)

After the optician I took Little Prince into town to have his passport photo taken. I didn't tell him until the last possible minute that was what we were doing!! Normally its a very bad idea to spring things on him as he doesn't cope with sudden changes/surprises easily, but in this instance I think it was the right thing to do. Little Prince hates having photos taken with flash (0ne reason he prefers Daddy to take his pictures, as Mr Messy hardly ever uses flash) and struggles to look people in the eye. I coaxed him by saying he wasn't looking the photographer in the eye, he was looking into the camera, and that seemed to help. I also held Little Prince's hand, off camera, so he stayed slightly calmer. When me and Princess Lollipop had visited the shop last week for our passport photos I'd mentioned Little Prince's difficulties and the photographer had remembered because he got the shots done as quickly as he could with as little interaction with Little Prince as he could manage. Altogether it worked perfectly :-) Little Prince now has passport photographs that meet the new stringent guidelines, and I can get all the passports sent off for :-)

I was so proud of how Little Prince coped, and took him out to his favourite cafe (no NOT McDonalds!!) for lunch :-) He had a BLT, without the L or T!! And was delighted that they had Elderflower juice on offer as he's been dying to try some :-) The lady serving us was very surprised at Little Prince's order, saying they hardly ever get someone his age asking for things like that!! And the verdict on Elderflower juice - wow that's yummy Mum :-)

After our lunch we wandered round "the art" as the cafe is in the local art gallery. Little Prince loves seeing the varying exhibitions that are displayed in there and usually has some very insightful comments to make about the exhibits :-) I love that fact about him, he is so full on and so "crazy" that most people would never imagine how he appreciates beauty and art, which is also kind of sad and their loss!!

Talking about beauty and Little Prince's appreciation of it, I'm not sure how this conversation came about, but Little Prince was telling me that he will always love H (the little girl in his class he has adored since nursery school) even though she doesn't love him (I can't help hating her a little for hurting my boy!!). When I tried to cheer him up by telling him he might meet someone even prettier and more wonderful as he grows up, he incredulously said "There couldn't be ANYONE as pretty as H!" One day he is going to make his partner very very happy, it might be the currently unappreciative H, or it might be someone else - but growing up now is that special someone who is just waiting to be loved and adored by my romantic 8 year old :-) And just for the record whoever he/she is - there is NO WAY they are good enough for MY Little Prince!!! Yes I am probably going to be the Mother In Law from Hell mwahahaha :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006