Thursday 21 July 2011

Wednesday

I had to get Little Prince to school, Drama Teen to OUR shop and Mrs LMS to work this morning! Luckily Mrs LMS had arranged to get to work half an hour later, and work half an hour later in the evening so I could manage to get them all dropped off. Little Prince was first, followed by Drama Teen, then a diversion to fill the car up before dropping Mrs LMS off. Princess Lollipop was less and less impressed as more and more of her siblings left her, and then she had a complete melt down when I refused to take her to "Hot" (aka McDonalds)!! She was a bit happier when we got home and she could play with her toys, but kept asking to go and get her Brud Brud from school throughout the day.

It was busy busy busy again when it came time to pick Little Prince up from school. I picked him up and then we had to drive over and pick Drama Teen up from OUR shop. I did have a small detour to help the local childminder, she had about 5-6 under fives and one of them was bringing home a hobby horse and its home made cardboard stable!! As the childminder only lives a few doors up from us, I offered to transport the horse and stable home for her so she could manage her gaggle of littlies. I'd obviously forgotten I was supposed to be heading straight to pick Drama Teen up lol, but it only took me a few minutes and helped T the childminder a LOT!

I finally parked near OUR shop, and tried ringing Drama Teen to let her know we were there. She didn't answer the shop phone or her own phone, and I was getting pretty impatient with her, when my phone started to ring. Drama Teen then told me I'd have to wait as she hadn't finished polishing the desk - she's had ALL DAY and she chooses to do it now?!?! She eventually emerged and dimbled along to the car, she can be such a dawdler sometimes!!! We only had about 20 mins at home before I had to go out again, taking Princess Lollipop with me and leaving Little Prince with Drama Teen. I left them with a list of jobs to do before I got back, and kept my fingers crossed they remembered to do them!!

Before picking Mrs LMS up, me and Princess Lollipop had to call at the DIY shop to pick up the rest of the order that hadn't been ready for collection yesterday. I'd left plenty of time to do this as it was such a faff yesterday, however, today we just walked in picked up the order and left - very quick and efficient this time. However, that did mean we had to sit in the car outside Mrs LMS's office for ages, at least Princess Lollipop could sit and watch her "In the Night Garden" DVD which kept her amused while we waited.

Once Mrs LMS had finished work we set up the GPS and drove off to pick up a vintage sewing machine and table that we'd seen advertised and Mrs LMS had arranged to buy as a prop for OUR shop/the studio. The sewing machine had been the lady's Grandmother's and had been used by four generations of her family, Mrs LMS (and I) felt guilty that it was now going to be used as a prop, so Mrs LMS has decided to try and learn to sew on it :-) As I learnt to sew on a very similar vintage machine belonging to my Mum, I should be able to manage to teach her. Plus the machine is so old it is very simple, it only does straight stitching and has no wires or anything complicated :-)

We called at OUR shop and dropped off our newly purchased, very old sewing machine on the way home. Mrs LMS took some pictures and sent them to my Mum to show her what we'd been buying lol.

Mr Messy arrived home not too long after we did, and I'd allowed both the littlies to stay up to see him. They were overjoyed to have him home :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006