Thursday 1 September 2011

Wednesday

Yesterday was Princess Lollipop's first day at "Tiny School" (her name for the nursery/childminding service I have chosen). Tiny School comes very highly recommended by lots of people, and when we visited it seemed lovely and nurturing and a perfect place to get Princess Lollipop used to being apart from me. Me and Little Prince dropped her off, she cried a little but not as much as I expected her to, and then me and Little Prince went out for a quiet lunch together. We ended going to two separate cafes, one for lunch and one for cakes! Little Prince ate loads, his new medicine seems to work much better at allowing him to eat, whilst also calming him down. Princess Lollipop only stayed for an hour on her first day without me, and when we picked her up she grabbed hold of me and sobbed, she had huge tears pouring down her cheeks and clung so tightly round my neck. The staff assured me that she had been fine during her hour, and that we should carry on easing her into staying there. We decided to have her stay for two hours next time and build her up to the full four hours she will be staying there. We've decided to have her stay there two mornings a week, so I will have some time to myself and try to regain some semblance of order round the house, and see if I can find my sanity under all the chaos lol.

After we got home from Tiny School, Princess Lollipop wasn't very keen to talk about it, and just turned away when we mentioned it. However, by the time Mrs LMS got home, she was proudly telling her that she'd been to Tiny School :-) And at bedtime she told me that she was told off for climbing on a chair, and that she played with cars and Lego and tomorrow she wants to do colouring and drawing.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006